Farkle

While Maya was on the phone with Josh I finished cleaning up before slipping out. I took a cab back to Zay and Smackle's where I had left Dani alone. When I got there she was up in our room.

"Hey." I spoke from the doorway. She turned around to face me.

"Hey." She smiled back sitting on the bed. I entered the room and took a seat beside her.

"Sorry I left you." I sighed.

"It's okay Farks. Maya needed you. Plus Zay and Smackle were lovely." She giggled. My phone buzzed in my pocket so I pulled it out to see I received a text from Maya.

Thank you for everything. I love you. Don't forget about lunch tomorrow. I may have a special guest ;).

I smiled at my phone and sent her a quick reply before returning my focus to Dani.

"So we need to rest up, we have lunch with Maya tomorrow." I announced to my beautiful girlfriend.

"Well then come here." She smiled climbing into bed, opening her arms for me to join her. I got in and wrapped my arms around her.

"Goodnight Darling." I kissed her forehead and we quickly fell asleep.

The next morning we woke up and got ready before heading to the kitchen. Smackle had left a tray of muffins and fruit for us with a note saying

Left to do wedding stuff. First dance lesson is at 6:00. Don't. Be late!
-Smackle

I looked at the clock to see it was eleven. We were meeting Maya in an hour at this place we went to when we came to Texas in middle school.

When we got there we walked in to find Maya sitting with-

"Josh!" Dani darted over engulfing Josh in a hug.

"Hey!" He smiled back. " good to see you Farkle. And thanks for helping my girl last night."

"Anytime." Now I didn't entirely approve of Josh. With his and Mayas history and the fact that he was related to Riley, I just didn't think it would work. And I didn't want Maya to get hurt again. But I knew for the time being, he made Maya happy. And her happiness was the most important thing to me.

Another reason I didn't like Josh was his closeness with my girlfriend. Yeah, I trusted Dani but, the way they acted around each other made me jealous. Sue me.

We sat down across from them and waited for the waiter. When he came we were all surprised to see

"Zay?" I asked trying to see if that was actually him.

"May I take your order?"

"I thought you were doing wedding stuff with Smackle." I was confused because of her note and the fact that he never told us where he worked.

"Izzy likes to think we're planning the wedding together but she's doing most of it anyways." He shrugged as if it explained everything. "What can I get you?"

"Can we get a different waiter?" Maya spat. Zay rolled his eyes at the feisty blond but I could tell her hatred hurt him more then he was leading on.

"Another waiter will be with you shortly." He stated politely before walking away.

"Maya come on. You have to forgive him. Especially this close to his wedding. I know you think he helped Lucas but you never heard his side of the story. He has to be this mad at Lucas for a reason." I reasoned with her. I was very surprised when she nodded. Then she excused herself and stood up walking away.