Farkle

Time passed by with less drama and fighting. Riley wouldnt look at me and she was always glued to either Maya or Stefan. Maya tried to be there for me but she was struggling. Zay was busy keeping Smackle calm. Dani had been hanging out with Josh which made me feel weird. That left me to hang out with Lucas. Who I still wasnt on good terms with. But somehow, two nights before the wedding i ended up in a bar drinking with my enemy.

"I never wanted to hurt her." Lucas stated taking a gulp of his beer. I took a drink of my own before answering.

"I find that hard to believe." I scoffed.

"It was all a misunderstanding. I just- Missy caught me off guard. And when a woman is throwing herself on you its really hard to stay focused and i know thats no excuse but I love Maya and-"

"You love her?" I clarified. I hadnt heard him say those words in over ten years.

"Ive loved her since the day she walked over on the subway and went through an entire relationship with me. Since the first time she called me Huckleberry. Or when we were rebelling and she pulled me close and told me i seemed like a lamb. Or that night by the fire when I grabbed her face. Everything in me wanted to kiss her. I could feel her breath on my lips as I stared at her with all of the emotions i had bottled up to protect Riley. I'm in love with Maya Hart."

I dont think Lucas knew what he was babbling on about as it was not his first beer. I however heard and understood every word. I was always worried about him hurting her again but he is filled with so much love for her he wants nothing more then to protect her.

The same way I feel about Riley. Not Dani. But that ship has sailed without me on it. Dani is the right choice.

But there shouldnt be a choice at all...