Maya

I hailed a taxi and got a ride to the hotel I would be staying at. I planned on staying with one of my friends but she had a job and couldn't make accommodations. I got to the hotel and checked in before making my way up to the room. When I got there I realized all of my bags were still in Smackles car. I texted her that I would get them after I cooled down.

I looked around the room and picked up the first thing I found and threw it at the wall. Before I knew I was screaming, and throwing everything.
I in my fit I ended up punching a mirror, glass shards getting stuck in my hand.

This time my screams were in pain instead of anger. I fell to the ground clutching my hand.

I let the tears fall. I wasn't sure what hurt more. Punching a mirror or seeing Lucas again. There was a knock on the door but, it faded away as I cried harder.

"Maya!" There was a voice coming from the other side of the door. The door was locked and I wasn't getting up. Eventually the person got the hint as I heard footprints getting further and further away.

I had no idea how long I was sitting there alone. I heard the door open and I lifted my eyes to see who had gotten in.

"Farkle?"

"Are you okay?" Farkle ran to my side, shoving glass away with his foot.

I cried leaning over into his arms. He wrapped his arms around me.one of his hands drifted to mine.

"Oh my god Maya you're bleeding." He stood up and ran to the bathroom returning with a first aid kit. He started removing shards of glass from my hand. I yelped in pain but Farkle calmed me down.

"I'm sorry." I mumbled.

"For what?" He asked while double checking my hand for any kissed pieces.

"For ruining your first night in Texas with Dani."

"Maya I hate seeing you in pain. As much as I love Dani, you are my best friend and I'm here for you, always." I giggled and Farkle looked at me.
"What?"

"You just said you love her." I smiled.

"Maya we've said it to each other in front of you before..."

"I know it's just cute how happy you two are." My giggles faded into tears.

"I'm going to call Josh. I think you need to talk to him." Farley dialed the number and hand me the phone.

"Hello?" Just hearing his voice made me feel better.

"Hey Babe." I sniffled.

"Maya? What's wrong?" He asked me.

"I can't handle this. I can't see him. It's too hard." I cried into the phone.

"Come home!" He answered pleading me to return.

"I can't. I promised Smackle I would be here. It's her wedding! She has no one else." I sighed running my good hand through my thick blonde curls.

"Well then I'm coming up early. I can't let you be alone there." A smile crept up on my lips.

"I love you."

"I love you too M. I'll be there tomorrow."

"I'll be waiting." I hung up the phone and looked around for Farkle. He had cleaned up all the glass and let himself out. I decided to climb into bed. I pulled out my phone and sent a text to Smackle,

I'm exhausted. I'll come over tomorrow to get my stuff.

Then Farkle,

Thank you for everything. I love you. Don't forget about lunch tomorrow. I may have a special guest ;).

And with that I fell asleep, letting my worries drift away into the night.