CHAPTER-75

Reuben's POV-:

A dark hallway stretched before me as I walked through it, trying to grasp any source of Oliver's and Charlie's magic. But till now, it was none. Even Aurora's presence was distant.

It was driving me to edge while my patience ran thin.

I didn't have much time. I had to save Aurora before the night was over or she would be gone. But I needed that dagger and Charlie. The only hope to cast perdition.

I inhaled a breath, running my hand through my hairs... I have to focus... I can't let my mind wander off...I have to focus.

My chagrin was eased by little, enough for me to be calmed and focused again to find the locus of their magic.

"Reuben!"

I stopped in my track as I heard my name being called by a soft, pleading voice in pain.

A shiver ran down my spine... Aurora!

My feet broke in a sprint as I ran forward, a warmth rushing in my body as I felt source of my Orion inundating through my body.

She is near...

I knew deception was that demon's forte but he couldn't create the illusion of the source I felt of Aurora. It was a bond created by the divine magic. So his dark magic didn't work on it.

A door was growing near in my sight as I reached closer to it. It was opened ajar.

My hand shot out, not waiting a moment to catch my breath, pushing that door open.

And finally... I saw her.

At the sight, my heart was flooded by mirage of emotions.

Emotions that soared my heart in burning agony.

Aurora sat in the center of the floor. Red flames circled around her, trapping her inside it.

A lost look was etched onto her face as she stared blankly at the flames. Her cheeks glistened with the tears that trailed down.

It hurt more than anything to see her like this... Broken and helpless.

I inhaled sharply... Your torment is over Aurora... It's over. My feet started walking on their own to her, like a force was tugging at me.

Her shoulders jumped as if she was broken through her saddened trance. And her eyes lifted up and met mine.

I expected an exultation in them, but to my expectation they held nothing but dread.

"Aurora," I called softly to her, but her eyes widened in panic.

"Reuben," her voice trembled, a note of terror was obstinate in her tone as she glanced around in haste. "You shouldn't be here! You should go. Run!"

I was taken aback by the extreme sense of terror she had that even my presence couldn't pacify her.

"How can I run without you?" I spoke serenely.

"You have to!" her voice rose louder. "Leave me! I don't want to go!" her face was ambivalent of anger and fear. "You have to leave without me. You... have to. " she added in an imploring whisper.

I clenched my palm in a fist, in a weak attempt to immure the pain I felt.

I knew it wasn't her, it was her fear for that demon which spoke.

"Without you? " my lips twitched at the ridiculing impossibility of the words. "I don't know what it is to be without you."

"You have to-"