CHAPTER-67

Oliver's POV-

How was Aurora drawn to such a heartless person? That girl... she was a mere child.

I sighed.

There was no way I could've saved her without blowing my cover. And then it would've been all over for me and for that child too. I couldn't even have done anything for Aurora. But that snobby angel... He could save her, without much of an effort. His magic was superior. Why couldn't he?

I was jerked by my arm. "Hey!"

"Where is that mind of yours strolling?" Carol hissed. "You were about to walk directly into the territory of enemy."

I looked through thick branches of tree, where we stood, concealed by dense shrub surrounding it. A little distance away from here was a huge tent set up.

"Sorry,"  I mumbled.

"Ritual is about to start," As she said those words, a man wearing a black floor length poncho, concealing his face with its hood, strode out. "That's Abel." She whispered, her eyes trained at him in caution.

I remember him.

I had once confronted him in that nightclub during that party of those dark wizards. He was an intimidating man, and after that I wished I didn't have to ever confront him again. But my wish seemed to be mistaken. And I was crossing his path again, not directly this time. And just not crossing his path, but crossing him as well. Wasn't that just perfect?  I should just loved my life that. It was always so keen on ending itself. 

"Go," Carol hissed, giving me a slight push. "It's time. Nolan always guard his camp in his absence. He must be there waiting for him."

"Where's that Nolan guy of yours?" I asked, gulping, watching Abel's frightening self waiting out of his camp. I could feel his dark aura radiating deadly vibes, as if he was made to kill.

"I knocked him out. So you are Nolan for now. " With this she gave me an ultimate push, and I tumbled out of those bushes on the sandy land, falling on my face.

Ow!

"Sorry," She squeaked from behind those bushes.

She just broke a record of having herself hated in less than an hour. She even gave a beat to Reuben on this.

I rose on my knees and coughed out some sand from my mouth. I wiped my mouth from sleeve of the jacket and stood up, shrugging sand from my jeans.

I glanced over my shoulder at those bush with a glower, and then proceeded to meet, perhaps my death, Abel.

He was standing out of his camp, and luckily he didn't seem to have noticed my fall or should I say the way I was made fall. He was facing other way.

I fixed my hood, pulling it more over my head, so that not an inch of my face would come to his sight.

As I had my steps closer, he seemed to have sensed them. Because he turned, and my insides screamed. Suddenly, I was gushed my a deadly presence.

"You are late." He stated.

I lowered my head. If this expected an answer, I was dead. Just from previous meeting, I knew he was sharp, sharper than any knife. If that Nolan guy was his trusted man then he must notice the difference in his voice. And he would, if I spoke.

Beads of sweat exuded on my brow, flowing down my face like a river as I fidget over what to do.

"I don't want such insolence next time." He spoke curtly, and then he was gone from there.