CHAPTER-35

My eyes slowly opened to be greeted by the sight of a big sloped white ceiling which wasn't familiar to me at all.

My hands resting on my belly, fell on my sides to come in the contact with the velvety surface I was laying on.

Pushing my hands down I rose up. My eyes gliding all around taking in the exotic look of the room.

Where am I?

I was in a large well furnished living area which was combined with the foyer.

The wall were covered with the white wallpaper with silver patterns printed on them. There was several archway which lead to different areas of this place. One lead to kitchen as I could see the island, and the side of the cabinets from where I was sitting. Other two lead to I didn't know where as I was getting no view of inside.

I turned back to see wooden spiral staircase, leading probably up to the- next floor?

The whole right side of the place had a wall sized glass window carved in the wall, giving the breathtaking view of the city.

Like bound by some spell I was compelled to walk up to it. My hand came to the glass while my eyes taking in the magnificent view spread before me.

The city laid before me had the glitters of light spread all over it. The huge and hugest buildings were touching the the violet skyline of the night sky. It seemed that they were nearly touching the crescent moon in the sky. It wasn't possible to spot the each car in the traffic but the light emanated through them had the view of glittering river, flowing on the ground. Though it wasn't but strangely It all felt new after living for nearly a month among greenery.

The reason I should have been able to spot everything so magnificently was the reason that I was probably at top of some skyscraper myself.

My ears caught some voices, making me tear my eyes from the window.

Reuben? Excitement tingled my skin.

I turned and following the source of the voices I found myself calling the name that was impatiently resting on the tip of my tongue. "Reuben,"

I walked to one of the archway. My breathing stopped, meeting directly to those beautiful spheres of warming brownness.

His face was hardened as if he was aggravated but few seconds looking at me it softened up and the aggravation from before was vanished.

My eyes shifted to Oliver who was standing up to the wall, straightening the collar of his shirt while his eyes fixed at Reuben in a glower who was just standing an arm distance away.

Did something happen? My brow puckered in frown.

"I'm glad you're awake." Reuben said taking a step towards me, his lips forming an enthralling smile.

I didn't know why but unable to control those foreign feelings and thoughts I had of him when I wasn't near his presence came crashing down on me in that moment, rising this untameable impulse that made me act and when he came near me I flung my arms around him, embracing him in a hug.

His hands wrapped around my torso, returning my hug.

It felt so right to be near him like it was a place where I truly belonged. It was the place where I would be always saved. It was a place where I would be lo-

I let in a sharp breath.

Though I wanted this moment to be frozen but I had to reluctantly let go it.