CHAPTER-30

I remained curled up in my seat. My stomach still churning at the sight I had witnessed before.

"You okay?" Oliver asked, his eyes focused on the road ahead.

"No." I glumly said.

He took the mini bottle kept on the dash board and extended to me. "Water in your system will help you."

My mouth did feel parched, so I took it without any reluctance and, opening it, I pressed to my lips. The cool flow of liquid down my throat was so revivifying that like a greedy I gulped it all down in a single chug.

"Now better?" He glanced at me.

I nodded, exhaling a long breath.

I was now really feeling a little better so I uncoiled my self from the curled up position and straightened up, and peered outside the window at the sprinting trees passing by. It had been few hours, he was driving.

Where are we going to?

"Oliver, where are you driving to, from last two hours?"

"Back to the city."

My body stiffened as I slowly turned to look at him. "To the city as in back to Los Angeles?"

"Yup."

Wasn't he listening to me what I told him this morning?!

"I ran away from there because my dad and Trev are out there with eyes all over city!" My voice was frenzied by the fear. "They are both very powerful, Oliver you don't know them!"

"Calm down girl!" He said casually. "You told me that before."

I rose a brow, agitation clear on my face. "And you still are taking me there."

"LA is a big city. They won't find you and the area you'll be in the city is perfectly safe from them, and if in case," A cocky grin spread on his face. My anger on its own started to subside as I saw his grin. At last there was any sign that he would get over the loss in time. "They appear before us. I'm gonna kick their ass just like before."

My eyes narrowed. "Just like before?"

"Oh! You never asked me, that how I was there that day to be your knight in shining armor." His grin got widened.

Ya. Now he mentioned it, this really never crossed my mind that how did he appear out of the blue and saved me?

My eyes peered at him in curiosity. "How?"

"It's simple. It took me time but I'm a wizard after all, so my spells were more than enough to kick their snooty asses." His grin turned smug.

"But how were you there at exact place to save me from him?" I asked the enigma, my mind was boggled at.

The grin disappeared from his face, his lips got pursed as confounding expression crossed his face. "I- I don't know."

The deep line etched my brow. "You don't know?"

He nodded, his eyes still focused on the road ahead, occasionally his hand swerving at the steering to make some turns. He remained quite for a longer period of time that I almost thought that he wouldn't explain but obverse to my idea he spoke. "It was like, all the directions were their in my head."

"Did you use any tracking spell?" I asked, puzzled at his words.

"I did," So there exist anything such as tracking spell! "But...I couldn't explain you the intensity of the power that spell caused in me. It wasn't like usual and it worked better than it should have." He said, sounding muddled. There was a hint of unexplained astonishment in his voice.