CHAPTER-12

Tapping of boots echoed while the clicking of tongue fell on my ear. 

"Poor lady." Apprehending the source of voice my stomach clenched in  knots as my limbs went cold. I dared to lift my eyes towards him. My heart jumped into my throat, I shrank back until my back hit the headboard with a thud. Erebus was looking down at his feet with a sly grin, probably at my mom's body.

For the first time, feeling other than dread was brewing inside me seeing his slyness but still the fear was present inside me, refraining me from acting rash.

His honey colored eyes shot up at me with amusement reflecting in them. "It was so pleasant killing her," my eyes widened at his revelation and gasped soon followed as he added. "Twice."

"W-why?" My trembling voice asked as tears continued to flow down my cheeks.

"Because she was becoming a hindrance." He spoke nonchalantly.

Hearing his impassive voice, anger coursed through me. "Hindrance!" I bellowed. "What hindrance she was being? She didn't even know about such a forbidding existence as yours."

His grin turned more smug, infuriating me further. "You are aware about nothing."

My teeth clenched as my vulnerability  incensed me.

His icy voice sent chills down my spine. "How naïve my Aurora."

"I'm not yours." I snapped feeling the sudden gush of courageousness welling in me.

His honey colored eyes started to dissolve in black making me shudder at there inhuman intensity. His smug grin turned into the furious one.

I closed my eyes flowing with tears for a moment to compose the overwhelming fear he was inducing which was again dominating my anger.

As my eyes opened the next moment, I found his sinister self gone from there but before I could even relax, pair of hands slid down my shoulders to my wrist seizing them tightly, jerking me off the bed to the hard chest.

My body started to quake and small whimpers were now evading me. A chin dug on my shoulder as I felt the lips near my ear. "Where's that foolish courage of yours now?" He barked in a harsh whisper.

My lips were trembling to even form any word to speak, and I heard him snicker, reveling in my fear.

Keeping his seize on my wrist, he wrapped his hand along mine over my body. "As you can see again dead mother of yours there," His voice pointed to the, other side of my bed, where my mother was lying on the floor, with her bloodied hands splayed either side of  her head.

Seeing my mother covered up in such a gore sight made a wail of agonizing pain through me. "I'm sure that you can comprehend the extents of my actions to get you."

I hate him! He killed my mother!

"Why?" My voice was mere whisper. The fear was still there but my words were laced in venom was crystal clear. "Why killing her was setting aside a hindrance to you?"

He snorted. "I can again see that foolish courage. Well, for your question. Hasn't that vermin guarding you told you about your pathetic mother?"

Rage started to boil in me hearing the term he called my mother. "She isn't pathetic as your wretched self." I twisted my wrists violently to get them free from his clutch as I writhed my body to do the same.

I heard him growl when I felt a sudden jolt bashed my body.

I screamed in the excruciating twinge caused in my body. My legs felt lifeless. I would have fallen to the floor, if he wasn't seizing my body.