CHAPTER-60

Reuben POV-:

"I'm on my way to there, Ralph." My voice came out deadly calm as I hung up the call.

I flopped my phone to the seat at my side, making a sharp turn to right.

She again did it...

Aurora again didn't listen to me!

My grip tightened around the steering. I could feel my nerves stirring with vexation at this thought.

I inhaled a breath to calm my fuming self down. It wouldn't do me any good to lose my calm now.

According to Ralph, she received a phone call which asked her to meet at her place or my life would be in danger, that was what she thought, but when he told her I was fine, he heard her say Oliver's name and ran off from there in panic.

This all could have been avoided if Oliver was with her, which apparently he wasn't. He left her alone. That moron!

Aurora, I sighed inwardly, feeling my blood erupted in fury.

Why you give up on yourself to save others, Aurora? Why?

I didn't care how many numbers of danger befell on her, each time I would be there to save her. No matter what happened.

***
I stood across the door of her place. I could sense Aurora around but not in here, though I could sense some other familiar magic around which I would gladly like to rip apart.

I pushed open the door whilst a thudding noise caught in my ear. I moved inside gingerly, keeping my senses sharp.

I stopped and my eyes burned in a glare. Oliver stood before me with a person holding a gun down at his feet.

He looked at me and an irked look crossed his face. "You're late. Aurora ain't here."

His audacity had my jaw clenched. I was outraged. He was not even a person I wanted to see now.

"That's apparent." I grunted, turning back at the door as I walked towards it.

He fell in step beside me.

"You were supposed to be in some sort of danger," my words came out jeering.

"You called that guy a danger?" He scoffed, glancing behind.

"Yeah, because he was successful in using you as a bait." I darted him an accusing glare.

"That man I knocked out told me that she must be near parking right now. I'll save her before she is taken away." He said, clenching his fist in determination.

"It wasn't even needed if you were careful enough to not leave her alone." I growled.

His lips pressed in a grim line, unable to retort back while he continued running beside me.

Our steps came to a skidding halt. Across us stood the three hooded men, blocking our way. I felt the malice in the energy magnified, and if I wasn't wrong we got more company, right behind us.

My eyes zoomed in the dark wizards before us. "Phos!"

Blood splattered out of there mouth and in an instant they were collapsed to the ground.

I swung behind in a swift motion, holding my palms out, flinging rest of the wizards to the wall. "You go and save her." My voice strained as I forced there struggling bodies pinned to the wall.