Chapter 19-The Chamber of Secrets

Start from the beginning

  ""We shall have to send all the students home tomorrow," said Professor McGonagall. "This is the end of Hogwarts. Dumbledore always said..."

  I couldn't believe what she had just said, the end of Hogwarts? No! It can't be. The staff room door banged open. At first, I thought it was Dumbledore, making my mood worse it was actually Lockhart, beaming at the teachers that was looking all tense at the situation.

  "So sorry - dozed off - what have I missed?"

  He beamed at the teachers once again, all of them was looking at him and some teachers were looking at him with full hatred written across their faces. Then, I saw Severus stepped forward.

  "Just the man," he said. "The very man. A girl has been snatched by the monster, Lockhart. Taken into the Chamber of Secrets itself. Your moment has come at last."

  Lockhart's beaming face, whighten.

  "That's right, Gilderoy," said Professor Sprout. "Weren't you saying just last night that you've known all along where the entrance to the Chamber of Secrets is?"

  Did he actually? Or is he lying? Does he thinks that everything that's happening right now is just some kind of a joke?!

  "I - well - I -"stuttered Lockhart.

  "Yes, didn't you tell me you were sure you knew what was inside it?" said Professor Flitwick.

  "D-did I? I don't recall-"

  "I certainly remember you saying you were sorry you hadn't had a crack at the monster before Hagrid was arrested," said Severus. "Didn't you say that the whole affair had been bungled, and that you should have been given a free rein from the first?"

  Is this for real? Or did he just said all of this things for more fame?

  Lockhart was stood there like a stone statue and somehow the smile on his face disappeared. He's totally lying.

  "I - I really never - you may have misunderstood--"

  "We'll leave it to you, then, Gilderoy," said Professor McGonagall. "Tonight will be an excellent time to do it. We'll make sure everyone's out of your way. You'll be able to tackle the monster all by youself. A free rein at last."

  Their actually trusting Lockhart to fix this?! Lockhart gazed desperately around him, it looks like he was looking for someone to rescue him, but no one did. His lips were trembling, he wasn't the Lockhart I saw earlier when he go to the staff room.

  "V-very well," he said. "I'll - I'll be in my office, getting - getting ready."

  And he left the room his long cape trailing behind.

  "Right," said Professor McGonagall, turning back to the teachers, "that's got him out from under our feet. The Heads of Houses should go and inform their students what has happened. Tell them the Hogwarts Express will take them home first thing tomorrow. Will the rest of you please make sure no students have been left outside their dormitories."

  Then, the teachers walked out of the door, one by one. Severus walked past the wardrobe that we were hiding and we were sure that we heard him say, "Be safe, Y/N."

  There was no way that he could actually know that we're here, listening at every word they say. I saw Harry glance at me at the corner of my eyes, as I know that he also heard that.

  It was probably one of my worst day in my whole life, everyone was sat down at the common room. The full room was silence, the loud fun common room of Slytherin, had turn into a silent heart breaking room. The only thing you can hear was the whispers of students.