I didn't want to be here.

I pulled myself up off the ground and scavenged through the draws, looking for a razor. I finally found one and pulled it out, trying to figure out how to take it apart. The tears kept coming and someone started pounding on the door.

"Leave me alone!" I screamed, throwing a towel at the door in a weak attempt to stop the pounding.

I just wanted to be gone.

"Let me in, Briar!" Tyler yelled from the other side of the door.

Tyler? I thought he was out.

"Just go away!" I choked out.

"If you don't open this door, I'll kick it open." He threatened, pounding on the door one more time. I stopped for a moment, so did he.

"Please briar," He said, quieter this time.

"Let me in."

The lock clicked and Tyler came barging in.

He took one look at me and then at the razor in my hand and understanding settled in his features.

"Briar, no," He said quietly and stepped forward, wrapping his strong arms around my body. The razor disappeared from my hands and I let myself fall into him, soaking his T-shirt in the process...

If he hadn't kept demanding to be let in, I probably wouldn't be here.

I'm not sure if that was a good thing or not. We hadn't talked about it either, it was the elephant in the room.

"Hello? Earth to Martin."

Jake cooed and waved his hand in front of my face, taking me out of my daydream, my face flushed as I realised that everyone at the table had been waiting for me. I glanced around at them. Tyler was ignoring Lucy's futile attempts to get him to rub sunscreen on her back, Jake was leaning over the table to talk to me, and Aidan was turned back to his phone, but I knew he was listening.

"What?" I murmured and put a salad leaf into my mouth, hoping it would delay whatever I was about to answer. My heart was beating fast as I thought about that night.

"Are you coming to the party tomorrow night?" Jake asked, rolling his eyes.

"What party?" I asked, my voice muffled from the salad in my mouth.

"Emmet's party, up in the old farm that his Dad owns," Aidan muttered, not looking up from his phone. I swallowed my salad and took a long sip of water.

"Are you guys going?"

Jake rolled his eyes again, as if the answer was obvious, "Well yeah, if you're game."

I looked over at Tyler, who was sucking on a lollipop, he grinned when he caught my eye and sent my stomach into a fit.

Stop it, Briar. You have a boyfriend.

"Are you going?" I asked quietly, hoping Aidan was too engrossed in his phone to hear me, I was wrong. Aidan swore under his breath and got up.

"I'm going to the canteen." He stated before storming off in the direction of the buildings. I let out a breath and nearly got up to follow him, but Jake just shook his head, so I stayed where I was. Tyler looked between Aidan's retreating back and me, before shrugging.

"Yeah, it could be fun."

I nodded, "Yeah okay, I'll go then."

Lucy squealed and Jake grinned and jumped up off the bench to chase after Aidan, he ruffled my hair on his way past.