Chapter 31

Venus pov
We need to talk
My phone vibrated in my pocket as I drifted off in Mr.Quinn's math class. I didn't get much sleep last night because of the yelling of my mother and slamming of doors through out the night . Even if I wanted to sleep my mind was full of to many thoughts , thoughts about Lance , thoughts about Fawn and even short thoughts about Ian Frost star football player. So the only shut eye I have gotten so far is when I'm listening to what formal goes with what question.
I slowly reached for my phone as a long yawn escaped my lips. Lance was the last person I thought would be texting me, and now he 'wants to talk ' . There was nothing to talk about I mean I yelled at him and pretty much told him to stay away from me but nothing to talk about.
Sure. When do you want to talk?
I quickly typed out and shoving it back in my pocket not wanting to face all these problems. I layed my head on the deck shutting my eyes but the ear ringing of the bell quickly interrupted my must need sleep. I got upgrabbing my bag as I dragged my feet out into the people filled hallway. I kept my head down as I slowly pushed through the crowds of people trying to the front doors, just wanting to go get some air. Bing!! My phone erupted in my pocket as I took it out reaching the front doors.
Right now... outside
As I read the text throwing open the front doors running right into what felt like a brick wall. I looked up to see lance standing here waiting patiently for me to saw something as i held my phone in my hands as my heart somewhat dropped not realizing he would be standing there. "Hey Vee" he whispered as I just looked up at him with a lose of words. He stared at me with his burning green eyes as the silence became so tense it was hard to breath. "So what you said..." he started to say before I cut him of overflowing with words. "I'm so sorry lance I didn't mean those things I was very emotional and angry and I just need to breath you . " I spoke so fast not taking a breath as I felt lance swiftly wrap his arm around me pulling me closer as I felt his lips smash into mine as my words were gone. My eyes were wide open as my brain tried to comprehend what was happening. His lips were warm feeling nice against mine in the cold autumn air, but something wasn't right ... this isn't right . My body panicked as I pushed him away taking a couple steps back brushing my fingers against my hot lips. My blood was pumping faster throughout my body as I looked up at him as my mind was exploded . "Go to homecoming with me, please Venus I lo-" he stepped closer to me reaching out for my waist as I stepped back not wanting to be touched . "Don't say it " I whispered still trying to figure out what just happened. The word love made me sick my stomach, all love does for anyone is just hurt them . It's one word that will just lead to disappointment. His eyes filled with sadness as tears escaped , he back up away from me. It felt like the wind was blowing him away as I stood there. My heart weeps with pain as he disappeared around the corner. Nothing i could have done would have eased this pain, the way he looked at me . I closed my eyes and took a deep breath trying to clear my mind but that was shortly interrupted as I heard a familiar voice.
"Hey what you doing here " Fawn said as she approached me with a small smile . There was no way I could tell Fawn about the kiss that I just happened to share with lance . "Oh you know , just thinking " I chucked shrugging trying to play it off as best I could. She looked at me as her hazel eye burned into me , wanting me to tell them what had happened. I looked down at the cement " thinking about what" she Pride as I tried to keep my mouth shut not looking up . It was silent for a few minutes before I let it go " lance and I had a conversation about homecoming , I don't really want to talk about it, anyways are you going?" I quickly said getting it all out , leaving out the kissing part . She rolled her eyes and shrugged " no I'm not really up for it" I gave her a gentle smile " I understand but maybe it would be good for you " she shook her head " Claire already tried telling me that , I don't think its for me This year" I laughed and looks at it " Fawn just consider it , it could be fun " she shrugged as we saw all the kids playing and laughs with no worry in the world . " so have you talk to you know who " I said with caution as I looked over at her ." No, my phone is held captive at the moment " she said as the wind started to pick up . Blowing strongly through the trees I pulls my jacket closer to my body. "Maybe that's for the best " I smiled as I looked over her as she looked at the trees " maybe I don't know " she said under her breath. I smiled looking over at her "talk to you later? ". She smiled and nodded as we both started are separated ways .
Laying in my bed that night felt weird. The kiss ran through my head all night , I would find my fingers too run across them . No matter what did the look on his face hurt the worst , it was burned into my memory. On top of all that ... homecoming is tomorrow.