Chapter 54

Fawns P.O.V

" I guess this year really isn't what you expected" I said as I hugged my knees looking at Venus leaning against my bed, she gave me a small laugh " no this year was not at all what I even imagined it to be" she bit down on her lip taking a deep breath " it wasn't all bad though Fawn, I mean, at least I have a better place to live and I have better people in my life than I ever had" I nodded, I don't know how she is seeing the good in this, honestly life has been such a living hell for her, I envy that type of attitude she has, I want to be able to think like that. " I'm glad you are my best friend Venus, I don't know what I would have done without you, you've saved my life in a way that you have no idea, please understand that" I could see the tears welling up in her eyes already, she didn't believe that she helped me in the ways that she did, Venus saved my life so many times.
    " it's kinda crazy how many things changed this year ya know? Lucas and Caleb are out of our lives for good now, Lance well, he used to be my best friend but now, he hates me in every way shape and form, Autumn is trying to help us out and connect again, Andrew is" I stopped talking for a minute smiling as I said his precious name " he's always trying to be there for me and, he just means a lot to me, Amber and Linsey no longer talk to us, I'm not that upset about Amber leaving me alone though. Ian, I thought we'd never even talk but, he's now a good friend. Also, my grandpa, you know?it's just crazy how everything has changed" I said looking at Venus, " things change Fawn, I know that you probably don't wanna hear this but, God kinda does this stuff for some reason we may never know, it's all to help us though. " Venus was right in every way, I have given up on God but, he's still working, my life isn't all bad, many things in it have gone so wrong but, not everything is horrible. There's some sort of light in this dark world, maybe that's the point of it all, to see the tiny bit of light that shine through the darkness. " we've made it through a lot together, thank you for that, thank you for just believing in me always " I smiled as she grabbed my hand, " well you know what we say, you jump, I jump" I laughed nodding my head wiping away a small tear that fell down my soft cheek. " we just need Claire here and we will be all set" Venus whispered leaning her head on my shoulder.
     This small town is full of dark secrets that many people don't know, it's full of hurt and the rivers are just the tears that have fallen during the years. This year has been a disaster in itself, we've had many losses, many people walked out of our life, but, I now am starting to realize that it was for the best. They needed to leave our lives so that something better could grow, Andrew, Ian, Claire, Autumn and Venus are the people who came and helped rescue the drowning girls who didn't even wanna be pulled out of the water. God always knew what was going to happen, he was leading it all up to this moment, the moment I finally realize why life was worth living. He is helping fill the void in my heart that eats me alive. Church Hill is full of surprises and,
         Venus was one of them.