Chapter 7

Venus

The dark soon overwhelmed my walk. The moon flooded through the night sky, showing me the way home. My walk lasted longer than I thought it would have.

Soon as I approaching my apartment, I saw that the living room light was still on. I peered through the window for a second just thinking things through before walking in. I took a deep breath, quietly opening the front door. The first thing I saw was my mom sitting on the couch.

Her head snaps towards my direction as she puts her hand on her heart getting up from the couch and sighing in relief. "Venus Cadwell, where have you been? I have been worried sick." She whispered, trying not to wake up the people in the house.

"I'm perfectly fine." I said keeping my gaze on the floor as I kicked off my shoes not wanting to look at her.

"You were out for hours." She said taking a deep hit of her cigarette. I groaned as the smoke escaped her mouth.

I rolled my eyes. "Mom I'm fine. Okay? I'm fine." I snapped as I started to make my way to my room.

I heard her soft footsteps following me up to my room. "Venus-" she started, but I quickly shut my door in her face, not wanting to listen to her anymore.

My room sat there in the dark, as the moon melted on my bed and the cold breeze blowing threw my slightly open window.

Not even bothering to turn on the light, I just fell upon my bed, letting the softness of my blanket calm me down, and sleep to take over me.

"Venus, try to catch me!" Lance laughs as he started running toward the brick building. I looked around as joyful music flooded my ears that was coming from the bear by brick building.

"Are you guys coming or not?!" Fawn yelled from the door of the building. I smiled while I just stood there looking up at small building taking it all in like a breath of fresh air.

Fawn grinned at me, and suddenly a blonde girl ran towards me and grabbed my hand."Venus come on," she laughed as she started dragging me to the door. She had beautiful bright blue green eyes that you couldn't let to fall into. Her pale skin almost shined as the sunlight ran over her face.

As we were nearing the door, I stopped. "What about Lance?" I asked confused, while looking around for him.

"He must be on the other side," Fawn laughed.

I smiled nodding not thinking twice as I ran to the other side of the building. Lance was just standing there laughing as he watched this boy climb a big tree that little white flowered bloomed on each branch.

"Lance!" I yelled as I ran over to where they were.

He looked at me and smiled. "Look at Lucas," he chuckled pointing up.

I looked up as this unfamiliar boy was getting higher and higher by the second. "Venus! Why don't you come up here?!" He yelled down to me. He had dark brown hair that was covered by a black ball cap. I couldn't get a good look at his face as the sun blinded my view.

Before I could say anything, Fawn and the blonde girl started running up to us. They looked up at the boy, who's name I learned as Lucas. "What are you doing you dummy?!" The blonde yelled up to him.

He laughs. "Shh, Claire. Just watch." The blonde girl just rolled her eyes at him giving him a dirty look.

"Lucas get down from there! You're going to hurt yourself!" Fawn worriedly screamed as she looked up at him.

Lucas smiled at her reaction. "Oh Fawn, I would still love you, hurt or not." He smiles.

Fawn blushed at his words just as he stopped climbing. "Watch out guys!" He yelled before jumping right into the bushes down below making a big crash as leaves flew up everywhere.

We all laughed as Fawn ran over to him, he winked at her as he popped up. "You almost gave me a freaking heart attack!" She yelled punching him in the arm. We all awed as Lucas quickly pulled her into a hug.

"They're so cute." The blonde girl, Claire, whispered into my ear. I smiled as I saw them looking so happy. "Yeah," I agreed.

"Guys! Hurry up! It's about to start!" A another unfamiliar boy yelled as he danced around the corner. You could tell he must be related to Lucas because they shared the same dark brown eyes and thin hair. Mystery boy held a slimmer figure as he spun around in joy, he was much slimmer compare to Lucas who held little more weight  around his body.

They all started running to him. I smiled as I quickly followed behind them. Once I caught up to them, they giggled and laughed. They all looked at me as they pulled me into there little group walk.

"You are apart of our family, Venus. You're one of us." Fawn softly said as they all agreed welcoming me into their tiny family that appeared to be so perfect.

My eyes shot open to the sun burning through my window as I jerked up from my bed. I was confused for a little, until I realized that It was all a dream. The laughing, that brick building, the tree, it was all one big dream. The ghastly part was I had no idea who half of the people in my dream were.

I looked around to see that I was still in the same old spot, small old room, same old life. I sighed and laid back down on my bed.

I laughed as I thought about the words they last said to me in my dream: "You are apart of our family. . . You're one of us. . ."