But Jin couldn't help it. He knew he should try to make friends, but when he thought of who he wanted to talk to most, who he wanted to laugh with most, who he wanted to joke with most - he didn't think of his classmates. Instead, he saw Yoongi's face, Hobi's face, Jimin's face, Taehyung's face, Jungkook's face. Even Namjoon's face. Because even though Namjoon would pretend to be upset with Jin sometimes, Namjoon never excluded Jin, never made him feel like he was wrong somehow for liking what he liked or looking how he did.

"Jin, if you don't stop, you're going to have to sit out in the hallway."

So two minutes later, Jin was sitting by himself in the hallway, smiling to himself, because nothing had really changed, only that he wasn't surrounded by kids who didn't pay attention to him anyway and a teacher that just wanted him to be normal.

Jin sat out in the hallway for the rest of class, rocking back and forth and back and forth gently against the wall until the teacher came back out and had a talk with Jin about his "behavior." Then she told him to go back to his desk.

Jin did so, and once he was seated, he kept swinging his legs back and forth and back and forth, a little smaller this time so she wouldn't send him out in the hallway again. He stared at the board, which was covered in math. He'd missed a lot of class from having to sit out in the hallway, and math was one of the subjects that he didn't really understand at all, but he was the oldest brother. He couldn't ask Yoongi for help. Not just because Yoongi wouldn't know how to do the math, but also because Jin was supposed to be the big brother who could do everything. He could have asked Namjoon, but then Namjoon would find out that Jin wasn't doing as well in school as he had told him that he was, and Jin didn't want that either.

So he just tried to pretend that 2 x 3 = 6 even though it made more sense to him that 2 x 3 = 23.

Jin was good at pretending.

Jin ate lunch alone and only got kicked out of class once more that day during the last subject - writing - because he always got antsy when class was almost over.

Then the bell rang, and he ran back into the classroom to grab his backpack before running down to the first graders' classrooms, waiting outside class 2-A for Yoongi. He jumped up and down, trying to see Yoongi's head, until he saw him, and then Jin grinned, linking arms with Yoongi.

"How'd your day go?" Jin asked, smiling at his precious younger brother.

Yoongi sighed, scowling slightly. "Not well. The kids won't talk to me because they're afraid I'm going to stab them with a pen or steal their crayons."

Jin tsk'ed. "Yoongi, that's not good! You have to make friends!" He turned slightly. "I'm friends with everyone in my class! It makes school so much more fun! Promise me you'll try to make friends tomorrow?"

Yoongi sighed, looking down before looking back at Jin's wide eyes. "All right. I'll try tomorrow." He hesitated. "There are two brothers who sit next to me, Kihyun and Wonho. They were talking about music. I wanted to talk to them but I was afraid. Maybe I'll try talking to them tomorrow."

Jin nodded. "You should! I bet you'll make friends in no time. You should rap for them!"

Yoongi hesitated. "Do you think...they would like that?"

Jin nodded enthusiastically. "Definitely! And if they don't, you don't need them."

Yoongi smiled softly. "You're right. Okay. I'll talk to them tomorrow."

Jin smiled, leading his brother out to the car. This was enough for him. He didn't really need friends, so long as his brothers did.

He'd give up anything for his brothers.

No.

He'd give up everything.

"Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you! I got in trouble again today," Jin said, laughing, and Yoongi rolled his eyes.

"Did you take someone's juice again?"

Jin smiled. "They gave it to me! I swear! It was cherry flavor, too."

"Oh. Well, if it was cherry flavor..."

"Exactly!"

The two boys got into the car, Jin jumping up into the front seat and setting his pink backpack on his lap, looking over at Namjoon and smiling.

"How did school go? Are you guys making friends?"

Jin smiled brightly. "It was great! I made lots of friends!"

Yoongi shrugged. "It was all right, I guess."

"Did you guys stay out of trouble?" Namjoon asked, raising his eyebrow and looking back and forth between Jin and Yoongi.

Jin giggled. "Of course!" He looked back and winked at Yoongi, who tried to wink back at him, but he just ended up shutting both of his eyes and scrunching his face up.

"Of course," Yoongi echoed.

Namjoon smiled. "Good job." Then he started driving.

Jin stared out the window, smiling as the school fell away out of his view. His feet couldn't reach the floor of the car, but even so, he made sure not to swing his legs because he never wanted nay one second to pass when he was with his family.

He wanted time to stand still.

first in the "day in the life" mini-series here :) next up will be yoongi!

also, that meme - yoongi in leather pants - help me