Chapter 17 *Shocking.

Start from the beginning

He winked in agreement, making his way to the door of the cinema, listening in while I went to go and make brownies.

:: Elizabeth :;

"I swear to God, if his face goes that close again, I will kiss his lips until I die of old age," I sighed.

Leah grinned. "Want some practice?"

I rolled my eyes. "Leah, shut up you lez,"

She stuck her tongue out at me, as my phone rang. " 'And it feels like jealousy'," She quoted a song.

"Me? Jealous of you? Psh,"

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hi, is this Elizabeth Fernandez?" A deep, gravelly voice asked.

"Yeah, speaking?"

"It's Damian, your father. We need to talk.

***

After deciding on a place and time - 6:45 pm later today - I shakily said goodbye, and hung up.

"Who was it?" Katie asked.

I couldn't speak. I couldn't move. I couldn't even breath.

"Liz? Liz! Liz, snap out of it!" Katie clicked her fingers in front of my face, but it still made no difference.

"Get the boys," Katie ordered Leah, but she was already out the door.

:: Max ::

I took out the brownies from the oven, placing them onto a cooling rack.

I nodded my head at myself, proud of my cooking.

I cooked well for a straight guy. Not being offensive to non-straight people, but still-

"Max! It's Liz! She's in shock!" Leah yelled from across the hall.

I immediatley bolted towards the cinema room, brownies long forgotten, finding Katie slapping Liz around the face.

"Move," I growled.

Both girls moved to the side of the room, Alex protecting Katie.

"Elizabeth? Baby, please." I begged.

"Stop me if I can't stop," I told Alex, then kissed Liz on her lips - biting down on her bottom lip; hard.

:: Elizabeth ::

I snapped back into reality, feeling my lip sting like something sharp had been stabbed into i-

"Max," I mumbled against his lips, my eyelids drifting shut as my arms wrapped around his neck.

His arms were now locked around my waist, and then were suddenly gone.

"Max?" I tilted my head in confusion at the sight in front of me:

Katie and Leah were at the side of the room; as Alex held on to Max's arms - holding him back.

"Thanks," Max growled at him, then shrugged him off.

Max walked back up to me. "You okay? You went into some sort of shock mode."

I blinked. "Yeah, fine." I looked down at the floor.

"Are you sure?"

I nodded my head, pursing my lips shut.

:: Max ::

I glanced at Alex, and he sighed but nodded at me; pulling the girls out the door with him.

"Tell me what's wrong," I begged. "Angel, please,"