Chapter 3 *Alex Is Smart?!

:: Elizabeth ::

"Hey, why are you so embarressed? These are awesome," Katie asked, eyeing in awe at a drawing Max did last week of a Swedish log cabin in winter, with a forest in the background; snow covered the cabin, floor and forest trees.

It looked like he'd been watching Narnia, from the look of the forest.

I smirked up at him. "Hey, Maxy, you been sneaking off to Narnia without us? You are a meanie. Going into the magic wardrobe without me. Great, so I'm not loved anymore by Maxwell," I teased.

Maxy was my own special nickname for him, and no-one else was allowed to call him it. He called me 'Lizzy', as sort of a payback or 'revenge', as he called it.

"Ugh, you know I hate my full name..." He smirked cheekily. "Elizabeth Lily-R-"

"Ugh!" I put my hands over my ears for a moment. "Okay, so you have a point,"

I sighed, resting my head on Max as I put my arm back around him.

"Estúpido nombre español," I muttered.

"Your name isn't stupid," He said softly, looking into my eyes now, smiling lopsidedly.

He kissed my forehead, like his mother used to do when he was little. That, and I really liked it.

It was the only way I got to feel his soft lips against my skin.

"Eres mi mejor amiga," He murmered.

He speaks Spanish?! Since when?!

"You-"

He interrupted me by putting his hand over my mouth, cutting me off.

"Shh, I'll explain later," He looked at me silently for a moment. "Promise not to scream about it in front of Ginger Ninja and Shorty?"

I rolled my eyes, giving him his answer.

Ginja Ninja was Katie's nickname, and Leah was short when we first met her. So the names stuck ever since.

I rolled my eyes, giving him his answer, smiling lopsidedly, moving his hand away as my heart skipped a beat.

"Come here," Max sighed, pulling me into a hug, putting his arms around my waist.

"Hey, you can't have Liz. She's ours tomorrow night. We're doing a girls sleepover," Katie said, grinning like a little girl.

Max rolled his eyes, letting me go with a grin.

"Yeah, but if you haven't noticed, Mrs. Holden, that's tomorrow. Tonight she's mine,"

I blushed, as Max took my hand in his and led me to his main room.

Katie and Leah followed.

"Fine," They both grumbled.

I smirked.

Max rolled his eyes and jumped on his bed. His eyes were shining with mischief. "Hey, want me to tell you a secret of Alex's, to cheer you three up?"

"That depends on what one you're going to tell,"

Our heads whipped around to the voice at the doorway, where Alex was standing topless with a pair of joggers hanging around his hips; a towel around his neck.

I couldn't stop staring.

Alex rolled his eyes and crossed his arms over that tanned chest.

Max stepped in front of him, taking his own top of as if it were some sort of competition.