Chapter 12 *I'm Still Alive!

He Loved Me Since Forever

Chapter 12 *I'm Still Alive!

:: Max ::

"So, what're you two going to be doing tonight, while your father and I are out? He still hasn't told me anything." Our mother raised a knowing eyebrow at Alex and I; knowing he'd at least told us.

I pursed my lips and scratched the back of my neck casually - breaking eye contact - making sure I didn't cave in under her stare.

She looked at her best friend, Liz's mum. "Maria?"

She glanced at Liz, sitting on the sofa as she watched me; smiling softly to herself.

I tilted my head in confusion at her, as her mum raised a challenging eyebrow at her daughter.

"Elizabeta?"

Liz ripped her gaze away from mine, and looked at her mother. "Sí, mamá?"

Apparently her mother preferred her talking in Spanish to her.

"Lo que qué pasando esta noche en esta casa?"

What's going on tonight in this house?

She shot a small smirk at Katie and Leah, taking her mother's words in the dirty sense.

"Nada. Estoy durmiendo sobre con Leah y Katie. Chicas noche, mamá,"

Katie, Leah, Alex and my mother looked at us in confusion.

I carefully mouthed the translation to Alex: 'Nothing. Sleepover with...' I pointed casually at Katie and Leah. 'Girls night,'

Alex nodded, then quietly murmured the translation back to the others.

Our mum nodded, then changed the subject. "You wanna go catch up on old times, Maria?"

Maria gave Liz one more short look, then smiled at our mum. "Sure. I can tell you about Liz's big secrets,"

Liz's eyes went wide, as both mums went into the kitchen.

I beckoned with my hand to come upstairs to the girls and Alex.

We all sat in my room, discussing ideas for the party - even though it started in a few hours.

"Any dress codes?" Leah asked, glancing at the shopping girl, Katie; as she went on about accessories or something.

"Casual," Alex said, pulling out his iPhone to 'alert the media' - the entire year.

We kept talking about the party setup and ideas, until our mother called up the stairs:

"Maxwell! Alexander! Come here, please! You too, Elizabeth!"

We all gave identical groans of annoyance.

"Be right back," Liz said to the girls, walking off downstairs in front of us.

The three of us went downstairs, and Liz perked up a little when she saw her mother grinning - something rare.

"Elizabeta, voy a salir esta noche con un nuevo amigo. Usted puede quedarse con Max hasta que yo regrese en la noche del domingo." She winked knowingly at me.

Liz frowned, before jumping up an down as she squealed in happiness. "Yay! Muchos grasias, mama!"

She composed herself, stopping her jumping suddenly and trying to act serious. "I mean... Of course. Thank you."

I had to bite down on my lip to stop me from laughing; but Katie and Leah obviously couldn't help it and burst out into fits of girly laughter.

:: Elizabeth ::