Chapter 5 *A 'Friendly' Sing-Off

:: Elizabeth ::

I dropped Katie's keys back onto the counter, and started to walk back up to Max's room.

"Hello," Katie greeted, noticing me dropping her keys.

"I didn't do it," I blurted - the first thing coming to mind as I spun around and held my hands up in surrender.

"Liz, we're not in school,"

Leah snorted, then took another pull from her milkshake.

"Where'd you get the pink straw, Leah?" Katie asked suddenly.

Leah shrugged. "Found it in...a cupboard,"

She now took a long pull, looking suspicious.

"Whose?"

"Alex's," She mumbled.

"Hey," I said, before they both started ranting at each other. "Why don't we sing together, like we did in the old days?"

Leah's eyes instantly brightened. "Sure,"

Katie nodded, as we made our way to the music room.

"What song are we gunna sing?"

I bit my lip thoughtfully, wondering exactly the same thing.

"Taylor Swift?"

Katie nodded, but Leah gave in after a bribe of two cookies from Max's secret stash.

Leah got her iPod out, scrolling down to her Taylor Swift albums before plugging it into Max's speakers.

Or so I thought...

"Hey! This is Give It Up!" I protested, pressing pause.

Leah smirked and nodded enthusiastically.

"We know you love to sing, and so do you." Katie smiled up at me, sitting on a chair to watch.

"Leah..." I looked at her.

"No..." She said in the same tone, an amused eyebrow being raised, putting her hands on her hips.

"Aww, please? You've got a great voice. Sing backup Leah. You know you love me," I begged, dragging out 'please' really long.

She bit her lip thoughtfully for a moment, then grinned at me. "Do I get a cookie too?

I ran a hand through my hair in annoyance.

"Jeez! You're so stubborn, Shorty!" I smirked down at her as she scowled playfully back up at me.

She rolled her eyes after a moment and climbed up onto our stage.

She pulled up her own microphone and switched it on.

"It takes two for this song." I reminded her.

"Yeah, I know. Are we doing the moves they do in the episode?"

I grinned. "Yes. You're Cat Valentine and I'm Jade West,"

"I never knew you were a goth bitch," Leah commented, as the door opened.

"Can we...What are you guys doing up there?" Max asked, walking in with Alex.

"Singing for the fun of it," Katie explained.

"Can we watch?"

"Perves!" Leah coughed out, then sniffed and smiled sweetly at them. "Of course,"

I rolled my eyes at her. "Shorty, don't be so mean to the boys."

She shrugged and stuck her tongue out at me. I stuck mine out back at her.

I looked back at the boys as she rolled her eyes at me. "If you want, but we're pretty shit," I shrugged, pressing play.