part 43

You gently pressed down on each key on the piano, and then began to do every other note as if it was some sort of arpeggio. You smiled to yourself as you began to get the hang of it, pressing the keys down and hearing the satisfaction of notes that harmonized and sounded like that of music. You tapped your foot to keep the tempo as you played to your hearts desire, escaping the crushing reality that you were facing beneath the waves.

But a subtle knock on the wall above your piano interrupted you. You tensed up and stopped playing, waiting to see if it was part of your imagination.

"Eh... 'ello?" A voice beckoned from beyond the drywall. It was a meek, british male voice. He sounded afraid.

"Hello...?" You replied, stepped away from the piano and getting to a place where you could press your ear to the wall. "Who...are you?"

"Ah'm 2d... er... Stuart. 'O are yew?" Your heart skipped a beat. Murdoc wasn't lying. He was a bit hard to understand, but you could still make out his name. "I'm  (y/n), are you okay? Are we really here for an album?" Silence slowly fell over the two of you, the only thing you could hear was the pounding of your chest as if your beating heart was inside the wall.

"Ah'm okay... n' I dunno... that's wot Murdoc 'ays."

You felt a shiver race down your spine. Not even the band's lead singer knew what the fuck was really going on.

"I don't trust him." You growled, wishing you could talk to 2d face to face rather than through a prison cell wall.

"Ah' don't either, luv. Ah'm sorry yewr 'ere... ah've been able ta' 'ear yewr conversations wif  'em."

This guy obviously had a speech problem.

"Ah yeah... well it feels good to be able to hear a voice other than his and the one in my head."

2d chuckled. "Yah, yew can say that agai'.

A knock at 2ds door made your heart sink. You heard inaudible hollering, and heard 2d push away from the wall. You sighed and pressed your forehead to it. Alone again. You marched back over the piano as if playing it was now a chore, and began to strike the keys again. This time with less passion than before.
---
You could tell it was now night time because of the color of the sea. It went from a deep blue to a pitch black, and then black flooded into your room in every corner, the center lit by a single light hanging from the low ceiling. The bathroom had a light of its own, too. You pulled the switch and shut the door behind you, just in case Murdoc decided to make a visit. The water in the shower was cold, so you washed yourself off awfully fast, not even bothering to use shampoo. Once you stepped out, the crisp, cool air hit your already freezing body and made your stomach twist into a knot. You dried off quickly, and proceeded to throw on the large AC/DC shirt and a clean pair of panties.

You nearly fell rushing to your bed. You jumped beneath the covers and let the warmth of the blankets cover you until you were satisfied with your body temperature. You then got back out of bed, stood on your toes, and turned off the room light.

You sat on the edge of your bed, sobbed for about twenty minutes, and then tucked yourself back in. You tossed and turned, wondering what 2d was doing. Wondering what... Murdoc was doing.

It felt like this thinking went on for hours before you fell asleep.

You didn't dream.

You awoke to the sound of your door opening. You jumped up, covering your lower half with the sheets. Of you sweat drenched bed. Murdoc avoided eye contact, placed a plate with a banana and a disgusting glob on it and a cup on water on the floor, and left. You were shocked he didn't have anything to say. But happy to say the least.

You swung your legs over and stretched your arms up. Your eyes felt puffy, even though you hadn't cried yet. You felt like you couldn't cry anymore, anyway. You were out of tears. Or maybe you had just accepted your faith.

Once you got out of bed, you put on your shorts. You weren't comfortable walking around in just panties and a shirt. You stepped up, turned on the light, and went to the food.

The blob was colorful, like a jellyfish. Was it a jellyfish? You curled your upper lip and left it on the plate, taking the banana and water back to your bed.

You sat against the wall and ate the fruit slowly, not hungry but knowing you had to eat. You groaned and stared at the wall where you had talked to Stuart.

When a loud knock on it made a smile stretch on your face from ear to ear.