part 11

You woke up to Murdoc gently tugging on your -his- shirt sleeve. "Time to wake up, luv. Seems like the store just opened. I need my shirt back," you groaned and rolled over to face him. Your hair was messy and tangled and so was his. "Can't we just sleep a little longer?" You questioned, squinting your still tired eyes. Murdoc sighed and smiled softly. He patted your head and shook his. "You can't go back to sleep, butcha' can wake up slowly. How does that sound?" You smiled back at him and rolled onto your back. "Alright, that's fair enough." Murdoc cleared his throat and leaned a bit closer to you. "Hm?" You hummed, looking up and over at him. "Luv, I hate to ask this but eh... can I maybe try to brush ya' hair with my fingers? It looks a bit messy and I know girls domt typically like looking messy out in public..." you could tell Murdoc was embarrassed and shy. His face was tomato red, and he was rubbing his upper arm anxiously. You pursed your lip and thought for a moment. "I don't see why not," you finally said in reply.

Murdoc bit his bottom lip gently, a rather goofy smile still plastered on his face. "So eh, how do we do this?" He questioned, scooting a bit closer to you. You sat up and stretched your arms out in front of yourself. "Should I lay my head on your lap?" You asked in reply, your voice soft. Murdoc raised his brows and cleared his throat. "Sure luv! If you think that'll help," you nodded, but then looked around. "Its too cluttered in here, with the gearshift and such. What if you sat in the back, behind my laid back seat? Could you do it then?" Murdoc thought for a moment, and then smiled. "Of course I can. One second." Murdoc stepped out of the car, not seeming to care that he was shirtless in broad daylight. He stretched down and touched his toes, and then headed over to the back seats on the passengers side. You moved your seat back up momentarily, allowing him to climb in without getting squashed. Once he was comfortable, he patted the back of your seat, serving as a signal that you could lean it down again. So you did.

Murdoc moved closer, so that his elbows and forearms were on the head of your seat. He placed his left hand up at the roots of your hair and paused. "I'll try not ta' pull too much, ah' haven't done this since highschool." You giggled and shifted a bit yourself. "You're fine, just go slowly. We aren't in any rush."

Murdoc slowly ran his fingers through your hair, gently tugging at a few knots to get them out, but not hard enough to hurt you. He ran his nails against your scalp gently, and it was admittedly rather soothing. You cooed and smiled gently, letting your eyes close as they wished. Murdoc began to use his other hand aswell, doing the same thing over and over until your hair was out of tangles. But instead of stopping like you expected him to, he continued to run his fingers through your hair, tugging every so often. "This feels really good~" You purred, blowing past the fact that this man was pretty much a stranger. Murdoc chuckled and continued, leaning his head down over yours. "I know," He mumbled back, his breath hitting your forehead. You felt his bangs tickle your nose, which made you scrunch it. A chill shot up your spine when you realized how close his face must be to yours. And without a second thought, you opened your eyes.

Murdocs face was inches from yours, his eyes closed as yours had been. His face had a slight tint pink, and he had a soft, sweet smile going from cheek to cheek. Your face was warm, as if you had been out in the sun all day. His soothing touch made you melt. For a man with such a horrible reputation, he really could be gentle when he tried. His nails running across your scalp every so often, the subtle sound of his breath; it was all so calming. And just when you thought that it couldn't get anymore enjoyable, Murdoc began to hum. But, rather than humming one of his own songs like you'd expect the cocky Brit to do, he began to hum (name of song you like). Your heart beat began to accelerate. He leaned in closer, his eyes still shut gently. His hair tickled your nose again, which caused you to sneeze. "Oh! Eh, sorry luv, bless you. I got a bit carried away, eh?" He said, removing his hands from your hair and sitting back up straight. You let out a deep, relaxed sigh. "No no Muddz, don't worry. That was very nice. Thank you." You turned around and looked at him as you spoke. Your eyes met with his, and for a moment, your stomach felt like you had eaten fire for breakfast. Murdoc cleared his throat and moved to the center seat so that your seat wouldn't hit him. You moved your seat back up and glanced over to him. "Close your eyes, or turn around. I'm gonna take off your shirt now." You mumbled, already pulling your arms into his sleeve holes. "Oh! Right!" He yelped, covering his still red face and turning around to face the opposite direction. After pulling off his shirt and putting your hoodie back on, you stepped out of the car. "I'm finished Muddz. I'm just going to stretch while you get your shirt back on." Murdoc turned back around and grabbed his shirt from the drivers seat where you had left it. You stood away from the car and looked around. The parking lot wasn't empty like you had been hoping, but then again it wasn't as crowded as you had feared. You bent over and stretched your limbs.

Murdoc stepped out of the car soon after you had. He locked it behind him and came around to the side you were standing. "Ready to go in, luv?" He asked, motioning to the store. "Sure. You're okay with me getting the things I need, right?" Murdoc tapped his foot for a moment as if he was thinking. He grunted and then finally gave in, giving you a small nod. It was more of a nod of acknowledgment than a nod of agreeing, but you'd take it. "Just a few things to wear, maybe something to keep ya' smelling nice." You scrunched your nose and crossed your arms jokingly. "You saying I smell mad, Niccals?" Murdoc raised his hands up in front of his chest in defense. "Neva' said that, (y/n). No need to bite my balls off~" The two of you chuckled for a moment before finally making your way across the parking lot of the rather large store.