part 12

The automatic doors opened with the sound of a bell. You and Murdoc walked into the large store side by side. Murdoc grabbed your wrist and gently tugged you off to the side. "Let's make this quick, (y/n). We'll go get suitcases, and then head over to get us both some new clothes." You nodded in reply and followed closely behind Murdoc as he walked past the isles. Every now and then, he'd paused and the two of you would look down the isles in hopes to find what you needed, or to find someone who worked there. It took a bit of looking around, but eventually the two of you found an older man with a blue and grey apron on that looked like he knew what he was doing. "Eh, excuse me sir?" Murdocs voice was softer than you had ever heard it. You were shocked he could sound so welcoming. The older man turned around to face the two of you, a goofy, friendly smile on his face. "Ah yes?" He asked, stepping a bit closer and scooting the cart full of food he was distributing. "What can I do for you two?"

"Ah yes, thank you, where are your bags? Like suitcases and such?" Murdoc asked in reply. He had a soft smile on his face, you could tell he wasn't known around here and it definitely eased your nerves. The older man thought for a moment and then pointed to the right. "They should be down there, 5th Isle on the right hand side!" Both you and Murdoc smiled at the man and gave him a thank you in unison before walking over to the Isle he was talking about.

Once there, Murdoc quickly grabbed the two most affordable suitcases that could carry the most. He grabbed you a navy blue one with small roses embroidered. It was honestly pretty cute. His was a simple jet black. The two of you pulled the suitcases behind you as if they were already yours, and began to walk in the direction of the kids clothing section. You didn't discuss it, but you both knew that the other sections must be around there somewhere. And it seemed as if the two of you were correct. On the other side of the childrens section were two adult sections. One for men, one for women. "Alright now, (y/n)," Murdoc began to say, pausing as the two of you passed a pair of jeans that caught his eye. "Try to just get some new pants, a new shirt, a cute dress or somethin', some sandals, and maybe some pajamas? I don't wanna spend a whole lot on clothes n' shit." He mumbled the last part, scared people would hear him and judge him for being afraid to buy too much. When in reality, he had a car pretty much full of money out in the parking lot. But you didn't mind. All you really wanted was a shirt, but now he was letting you get three outfits. Cool. 

You first went over to the shirts. You decided it would be a good idea to get either a tank top or a loose shirt because of how hot you were in your hoodie. You went through racks and stands, searching for a shirt that wasn't too expensive, while also looking for one you thought would be cute. After a bit of searching, you pulled out a loose shirt. It was plain black, but it had white sleeves and a white collar. You held it up to your chest and looked down. It looked like it wouldn't show too much of your stomach, and it was only ten bucks, so you decided on that one. You tossed it over your arm and moved over to the pants. You pulled out a pair of dark blue shorts and smiled. They were pretty damn cute, and your size. You decided to overlook the price on them. Next were your shoes. You weren't very picky when it came to footwear, so you grabbed a simple pair of cheap black flip flops. You imagined they'd break after walking around for a certain amount of time, but you still had your vans. So you didn't mind. You then skimmed over the sleep wear section. Most of the stuff was lingerie, so you didn't do much looking. You pretty much just scanned for something that wasn't promiscuous. Once you did, you walked to it and checked the price and size. It was a pair of pink and white checkered soft cotton shorts, that weren't severely short, and a matching loose white tank top. You grabbed it. Finally, you were going to look for a dress to wear. 

Just as you were about to continue shopping, and hand landed firmly on your shoulder. You spun around, expecting a stranger; when really it was just Murdoc. He was holding a turquoise shirt and the faded jeans that had caught his attention earlier. "Aye, luv, almost ready to head to the line?" You glanced down at your pile of clothes and then to his. You were getting much more than he was. "Sure! I got the pants, shirt, pajamas, shoes-" 

"Did you get the dress?"

"Oh, no, I was actually just about t-"

"Can I help ya pick a pretty one out?"

He looked so innocent when he asked. His eyes were large, and he had a goofy smile on his face that reached from ear to ear. You felt your face heat up, and you could tell you were blushing. But it was fine, because Murdoc kind of was too. "I mean, I don't see why not! The dresses are over here," He followed close  behind you as you crossed over and went to the dresses and more formal attire. "What colors do you like luv?" He asked, walking a bit faster to be by your side. You looked up and over at him and smiled. "I like cool colors. Blue, grey, black, teal. But I don't really mind." Murdoc nodded and began to scan around the racks, until his eyes lit up with excitement. "That one is lovely." He stated rather softly, pointing over to a navy blue, strapless velvet dress. It had a white trim on the top and bottom as well. It looked as if it would be knee high on you. Your face was burning, and the fact that he grabbed your hand and pulled you over to it made it worse. He dropped your hand and took the hanger from the rack. He held it up in front of you and smiled, his face beginning to look a bit pink himself. "I love it Muddz," you smiled softly and took it from his hands. You checked the size and smiled, but then looked at the price. You bit your bottom lip and looked into his eyes. "It's about 45 dollars, though." You expected to see his expression change, but it didn't. He stood the same, acted the same, smiled the same. "Alrighty, ready to go check out then?" You glanced down at the dress one last time. "But, are you okay with spending so much on me?" Murdoc shrugged and began to walk, knowing you would follow. "It's just money, luv. I 'ave a rather large amount of it at the time being anyways. It'll just rot if ah' don't use some of it now." 

Now that he was ahead of you, you let yourself loose. A large grin erupted on your face, and you were positive your cheeks were the color of Murdocs bandanna. "Thank you so much!" You exclaimed, catching even yourself a bit off guard with your sudden outburst of happiness. "No problem, luv. Gotta look good for our cruise." He snickered, and you did too. Every day was starting to get a little less worse with this man. Criminal or not, at least you weren't bored studying in a dorm room. "Anything else before we pay for good, (y/n)?" His voice broke your train of thought. 

"Oh! No, I'm good. Thank you though."

Murdoc nodded. "Don't mention it."