part 7

You reached up on the dashboard and grabbed the map. You unfolded it and looked at it. "So, you said we're taking a ship? So we need to go to a port, right?" Murdoc replied with a simple nod. You bit your bottom lip and studied the map more, gripping tight onto the corners of it. "And I assume we're ditching the car?" Murdoc raised his eyebrows and scowled at the road. "Ah fuck... you're right..  yes we fuckin have to," He grumbled. You sighed and folded the map back up. "Why can't we stay here, Murdoc? We've come this far in just a day or so." Murdoc shook his head, causing his messy bangs to move back from his eyes for only a moment. "Nope. We're going to Vegas, (y/n). Can't deal with the drama back 'ere in the UK." You let out a sharp breath and turned to him again.

"What ever happened with 2D? With Russell? With Noodle? Won't they wonder where you went? I mean, shit, it's true that you guys have only done one album and you're on a break for the time being, but aren't bands like a big family?"

Murdoc tightened his grip on the steering wheel and gritted his teeth. "Face ache is a bloody idiot, Noodle is a damned immigrant child, and Russell carries around the spirit of his dead friend. What type of fucked up family would that be? They wouldn't miss me if I was gone, anyways. They all have their own little twisted lives, and this one is mine. You're either with me, or against me. And if you're against me..." he shot you a glare that sent chills down your spine. "I'll turn ya in myself."

His words were sharp and cold, and you felt kind of bad for seemingly pushing him over the edge. You backed down from the argument and played with the strings on your hoodie awkwardly. "I'm sorry, I won't bring them up anymore." You mumbled. Murdoc inhaled deeply and exhaled quickly. "No, (y/n). It's fine you're askin questions. I shouldn't have snapped at you. How about when we're on the boat, we have a full conversation about all of this band bull shit. Let's just... focus on getting there first." You nodded with content and stopped playing with your hoodie. "Alright, deal."

Murdoc chuckled under his breath and tapped his thumb on the steering wheel. "So, are you gonna give me a quick summary of your life? Or are ya just gonna leave me feeling awkward?" He asked, smiling softly and looking over to you. Your face heated up and you fixed your posture. Your gripped your knees and cleared your throat. "Well, uh, there's nothing much to say. I was about to go back to college, I had been working at Music Stop for a while, and I had just gotten out of a three year relationship. I doubt anyone will miss me, either. My parents don't even try to contact me anymore," you mumbled the last part, but Murdoc still heard you. He raised his eyebrows and pouted a little. "Back to college?" He questioned, slowing down the car a little. "Yeah, uh, I've always been interested in music, so I wanted to be a music teacher. Or a lawyer. Either of those was fine by me." You snickered and tried to lighten the mood, but Murdoc was still frowning ever so slightly. "(y/n), I'm sorry that I kind of pulled you away from all of that." Your heart started to burn, and you clenched your fists for a moment. "It's... fine. You didn't know about all of that. And like you said before, it was kind of my choice to jump in your car or not." You were lying. Music meant so much to you, and now instead of going back to college to finish up, after how long and how hard you had worked and saved up for the extra years, you were a criminal. On the run from the cops with your biggest musical inspiration. Murdoc bit his bottom lip and nodded slowly. "Yeah, still doesn't change the fact I feel bad." You sighed and ran your fingers over the gash on your cheek again. "Let's just drop it for now. If you really feel bad later, maybe you could stop and get me something to eat?" Murdoc smiled a little, still keeping his eyes on the road. "I mean, I was going to getcha something, anyway. But, now I guess I'll let you pick." He replied, finally back to his slightly snarky self. You pursed your lips and scrunched your nose jokingly. "Damn straight I'm going to be choosing what we eat. I don't want another one of those greasy burgers,"

After about 30 more minutes of driving, the sun was starting to fall again. You squinted at the clock in his car and raised your eyebrows. "Jeez, how long was I out earlier?" He shrugged. "Maybe about 6 hours? I dunno, I mean, must've been a while since I woke up a few times last night and saw you awake n' shit. Just consider that little nap your nights rest for last night," you felt your cheeks start to burn, and you nervously pulled on the collar of your hoodie. Did he see how often I looked at him? Did he notice that he was the only thing keeping me from leaving? Does he think I'm weird now...? Anxiety inducing thoughts swarmed your mind. You looked at him and noticed that his cheeks were a bit pink too. "O-Oh, yeah? Well, why didn't you say something if you saw I was awake?" You knew he could ask an equally embarrassing question, but you really just wanted to get a reaction out of him. "I mean... uh... I didn't know you were awake. Not until this morning when it seemed like you had just fallen asleep. Judging by how your were snoring." He peered at you through his bangs and smirked, sticking his tongue out and biting it. You knitted your eyebrows and curled your lip. "Ladies don't snore, stop trying to embarrass me." You argued. Murdoc replied with a chuckle and sat up straighter. 'Guess ya aren't a lady," 

"HEY," you hissed, your cheeks turning bright red. Murdoc busted out laughing and shook his head. "Calm down, luv. I'm joking. You weren't snoring. But you were sleeping pretty heavy, and you did sleep more than half the daylight away. Not to mention that we're just about to the sea, and the times have changed n' all that traveling shit." You calmed down and let out a soft, relieved laugh. "Knew I wasn't snoring... but uh, alright. I guess that makes sense. But, how much longer? And what exactly are we going to do with the car and the stuff in it?" 

"I have a duffel bag in the bag. We can put all the bloody money in there, and for the one guitar I managed to get at a shop before yours, can you carry it?" You thought for a moment and then shrugged. "Yeah, guess I can. They aren't all that heavy. But, what about the car? And how the hell are we going to sneak onto a ship?"

"I'll ditch the car, easy. We'll just steal another one in Vegas," he purred. "And uh, I guess we'll just have to come up with a plan for the remainder of the drive."

"Yeah, good idea," You began, shifting into a more comfortable position in your seat, "maybe we could, like, get some guards clothes? Or sneak in through a box?" Murdoc snickered and cleared his throat. "This isn't some little detective movie, luv. If you want to go with the first idea, we'll need to badly beat up two men in order to knock them unconscious long enough for no one to notice, and for the ship to finish loading." You sucked your teeth and sighed. "Or!" you exclaimed, grabbing the map. "Since we're coming up to a city, we can go get something to eat and discuss it with focus off of the road." Murdoc rolled his eyes. "Fuckin hell, (y/n). I thought you had come up with a good idea or some shit."

You snickered and studied the map more for street names. "Well, shit, Muddz. I think that grabbing something to eat is a pretty great idea." Murdoc scrunched his nose an pulled his head back. "Muddz?" he repeated questioningly. "Yeah, something wrong with that name?" He rolled his eyes and smiled softly. "I mean, I prefer Murdoc. Just tell me where to get off."

"Ah, alright. Right up here, Muddz." You stuck your tongue out at him playfully, and in reply, he reached over and ran his finger over your tongue. 

"AGHK!" You yelped, jumping back. "If you get to call me Muddz, I get to call you..." he looked you up and down and then chuckled. "I get to call you sugar tits."

You cocked an eyebrow and smirked. "Call me that, and I'll cut your dick off with that pocket knife I used to cut up my apron."

Murdoc hissed and shook his head. "Never mind, never mind."

"That's what I thought, Mr.Muddz Niccals~" You snapped your fingers and pointed to him, and he simply replied with an eye roll and that same smile that had been plastered on his face for the past five minutes.