part 28

You woke up to the feeling of a wet, sweaty hand grabbing on your burnt arm. "Achk!" You spat, flipping over and glaring up at Murdoc. He placed his index finger up to his lips and furrowed his brows. You sat up a bit and rubbed your eyes. You surveyed the area. It was dark, and you couldn't tell if the sun was rising or setting; but the two of you had reached land. There was no one around, but Murdoc was acting as if someone would hear you yell at him for touching your scorched forearm. You scoped out the area a bit more. It was a beach, the palm trees climbed up to the stars and danced in the cool wind. And then a gust of icy air smacked you into waking up. You hopped up and grabbed your hoodie, slipping it on. You bit your bottom lip and rose to your feet, your legs trembling. "'ere luv, I had that problem too." Murdoc reached a hand out in your direction. You tangled your fingers with his and stood up to rest of the way. You looked down at your luggage and sighed. "I don't want to have to carry that around everywhere." Murdoc shrugged and held onto your hand a bit tighter, sending your heart into a race with the rest of your body. "Take ah' shirt n' leave it here with the raft." You thought for a moment and then decided that was the best choice. You pulled out the crop top Murdoc had bought you, and placed it over to the side. You then grabbed two water bottles and stuffed them into your hoodie pocket. Next, you pulled out the Gorillaz shirt Murdoc had let you borrow. "Muddz, take this. That other shirt is sweaty. And I think it'd be funny if you wore thi-" Murdoc snatched the shirt from you and growled. "That band is dead, keep it that way." He tossed the shirt on the shoreline, the water lapping over it and slowing dragging it out. You curled your lip and looked up at him. "Okay,"

He helped you out of the boat and then dropped your hand. He grabbed the neck of the guitar and slung it over his shoulder, grunting as the wood smacked his back. "Lets find somewhere we can rest, eh?" Still a bit tired, you agreed with his idea. The two of you walked from the beach into the forest of palm trees, grass and a variety of other greenery. You had now determined that the sun had set, it being even darker than it had been when Murdoc woke you up. "That wasn't all that long of a trip." You mumbled, a bit surprised you had already hit shore. "We aren't where we were goin'." Murdoc said in reply, his voice cold. You looked down at your feet, carefully stepping over holes, roots and vines that covered the forest floor. "Ah," you sighed. You didn't exactly have a response for what he had said, so you dropped it. At least you were away from the ocean for the time being. "I would like to sleep some where with shade if possible." You giggled a bit, thinking about how pink you and Murdoc would look in the sunlight. "Yeah, thats tha' plan luv. Ah'm exhausted let's just..." Murdoc took a breath and stopped to survey the area. He looked over to a bare spot beneath some trees. "Sleep ova' there." You nodded and followed him over to the area he had deemed a good place to rest.

Murdoc crushed down the plants surrounding the patch of short grass. He quickly laid down and full stretched out, placing his arms behind his head in an X formation. You looked down at the area around him and sighed. It seemed like he had gotten the best spot to lay. You sat down next to him and pulled your knees up to your chest. "What's wrong hun?" He asked, glancing over to you. You shrugged. "Just looks uncomfortable is all."

Murdoc patted his chest, and your heart skipped a beat. "Use me as a pillow, I don' mind." His voice was calming and sweet. You smiled softly and lowered your eyelids. "Thank you,"

And then, without hesitation, you curled up next to him and placed your cheek on his chest. You felt his heart beat speed up as you wrapped your arm around him, pulling yourself closer. Murdoc placed a hand on your head and began to run his fingers through your hair in a soothing manner. You purred in response to his sudden affection touch. You slowly drifted back to sleep, his chest rising and falling with yours.

---
[A/n ; f i l l e r]