part 29

This was the first time you had woken up before Murdoc.

The shadows from the palm tree leaves danced on top of the two of you. Murdocs arms were above his head, grass between his fingers. You opened your eyes all at once, a sudden surge of energy shooting through you. The cool breeze against your burnt skin felt so soothing, and if it weren't for your energy, you could have fallen back asleep for hours. Your arm was no longer wrapped around Murdoc. It was pulled up against your chest just as the other one was. You took a deep breath of fresh air in through your nose, and then slowly out. You say up slowly, being careful not to wake him up. He needed his rest. You blinked a few times, your eyes adjusting to the light. You yawned and stretched your arms out and then to your sides. Surprisingly, your back no longer ached and your joints weren't as tight. You looked around. The plants were all bright green and contrasted greatly against the vibrant blue sky. There's wasn't a cloud above you, the only shade being given to you from the surrounding palm trees. Up on the tall trees were bananas, all ripe and yellow, standing out clearly against the large leaves that danced in the wind above your head. You smiled softly to yourself and then looked back to Murdoc. To his side was a water bottle. You reached over quietly and grabbed it. You held the cover in your right hand and drank half of the bottle, your throat still dry from the salt water. You needed to save enough for the rest of this trip and for Murdoc, though. So you couldn't drink as much as you desired.

You waited for quite some time, just taking in the scenery and replaying the past events in your life in your mind. You then decided to wake up Murdoc gently, getting a bit lonely without his smart ass remarks. You ran your hand softly up and down his forearm and got on your knees down next to him. "Murdoc~" you whispered him name, almost singing it. He snored loudly before opening his eyes and looking over at you. He licked his lips and rose up, hunched over. Your hand was still placed on his forearm. He used his opposing hand to move his bangs up and off of his forehead. The sunlight hit his eyes, and they glimmered as they met yours. Your lips parted slightly, a bit taken in by how handsome he looked with the beautiful terrain that surrounded him. He took a deep breath in through his nose, and he let his bangs fall back down to cover his eyes with a small chuckle. "I actually got some good rest, luv." You nodded in agreement and removed your hand from his arm.

You hopped up to your feet and stretched your back until you felt all loose. "We should get going, hm?" You asked, a bit on edge once you realised you had no idea where the fuck you were. Murdoc looked around at the trees just as you had before and took a moment to think. He then looked back up at you and groaned. "I think thas' a good idea. I don't really... care for it out 'ere." You sucked your teeth at him. "I like it, but since we don't know where we are, finding a city would be ideal." Murdoc shrugged and helped himself up. He stretched too, his joints popping. He growled and smacked his lower stomach. "I'm hungry anyway." You nodded in agreement, but a smile soon found it's way onto your face. "I know where some food is!" You exclaimed, glancing up to the bananas.

Murdoc followed your eyes and let out a loud, sarcastic laugh. "You 'ave got to be pullin' my leg. Let's just get outta this jungle." You rolled your eyes and crossed your arms, waiting for Murdoc to decide which direction to go in. "You'll regret that later~" you teased. Murdoc scoffed and took his lead, you following behind him. "Murdoc Niccals doesn't regret anything." You smiled softly and patted his shoulder, hopping out in front of him. "You would have regreted taking a path that leads you into the unknown terrain of the woods. Let's follow the shore line," you paused, grabbed his cheeks, and turned his face to the opposite direction. You playfully poked his nose and skipped a bit ahead of him. "Keep up if you can, Muddz~" you purred, your giggles soon growing into laughter.

Murdocs face was bright red with embarrassment, and he hid it beneath his hair as he followed close behind.