part 6

You woke up to the sun in your eyes and the car bouncing a bit. You squinted and looked around the vehicle. Murdoc was drinking coffee and driving rather calmly. Once he noticed you were awake, he glanced to you and smiled. "Good morning, sunshine. You looked so peaceful, I didn't wanna wake ya with rough driving," you looked from him to the road, and then back to him. You were honestly a bit shocked as his sudden kindness. Just yesterday, he didn't seem to give a single shit if you were to fly through the damn windshield, but now he was actually being considerate. You didn't dare question it.

"Have you decided where we're going?" You asked, sitting up and moving your seat up with you. You rubbed your tired eyes and looked out at the road. "Yeah, actually. I thought I'd go ahead and catch us either a boat or a plane to America. Get the cops off our ass for the time being. Maybe go to Vegas again," he grinned devilishly and picked up the speed, once again swerving from lane to lane to get around the slower drivers. You gripped the seat belt buckle and quickly strapped yourself in. "You actually think that we can go... to fucking America?" Just the thought of you and a famous, deadly musician jumping around the world made you snicker. Murdoc rolled his eyes and blew a strand of hair away from tickling his nose. "I do think so, actually. I mean... how hard can sneaking onto a boat or a plane be?" A sharp pain shot through your heart, and you quickly yanked your head around to look at him.

"You won't even be paying for the damned trip?" You hissed, tugging on your seat belt anxiously. "Nnnnnope." He stated, his tone dull like his eyes. You began to breathe in and out rather rapidly, your heart racing. "Are you fucking serious? All this money," you began, looking to the back seats of the car and then to the trunk, "and you refuse to buy us tickets?" Murdoc groaned and suddenly put on his blinker.

"Look," he began, pulling off to the side of the road. He turned off the car and turned around to face you, his elbow propped up on his seat. "We would need passports. With our legal names. I'm on the run from the cops, and either you're listed under a missing person type deal, or an accomplice. The only way we could get out of here and go to the U.S. is by sneaking aboard a boat or a plane. And... now that I think about it," he paused and rubbed his chin stubble. "We need to take a boat."

You realized you couldn't really argue with his reasoning, but you still weren't so sure you wanted to fucking leave Britain. "Murdoc... I can't go." You mumbled, gripping onto his leather jacket. He let out a deep breath and leaned in closer to you. You buried your chin into the neck of his jacket and looked down, but he quickly tilted your chin up to look at him again. Your eyes met with his, and your heart froze. He tucked a strand of your now messy (h/c) behind your ear and gave you a worried look. "(Y/n), luv. You have to. It isn't safe here for you now." You squeezed your eyes shut and nodded. He moved his hand from your chin up to your cheek, and left it there. His skin was cold against your burning face. "Good, glad you agree."

He dropped his hand from your face and turned the car back on. Without hesitation, he cut off and over back into the fast lane. "Now, the sun is pretty bright. We need a map, anyway. Why don't we eh... go check out some shops? If you catch my cold," he did a fake cough, followed by a chuckle. You crossed your ankles anxiously and looked out of your window. You placed your hand on your cheek where his hand had been, and you sunk into it a bit. "Let's get ya a shirt or hoodie while we're at it. I'm done lookin at that damn embroidered guitar." You looked down at your chest and giggled a little. You tugged at it and looked up at Murdoc. "Well... I guess. How bad could robbing a store be after all of this?"

((time skip))

You tugged on the strings of your hoodie and crossed your arms. "Look, (y/n). I didn't say to had to jump through that broken window to get out of the store. Hell, I went through the-" you cut him off and threw your hands up. "WELL! YA DIDN'T TELL ME NOT TO." You snapped, placing your hand over your cut cheek. Murdoc and you sat in silence for a bit as he continued to drive down what seemed like a never ending highway.

"At least we got you a hoodie, got us each some sunglasses, got a map, and got some snacks." You mumbled, tightening his grip on the steering wheel. You rolled your eyes and smudged away some blood from the gash on your cheek using your jacket sleeve. "I guess... just wish we had gotten bandaids." Murdoc sighed and glanced over to you. "Next store, I'll get off and buy you some." You scrunched your nose teasingly and smiled at him. "What's this? The big bad wolf is actually buying something?" Murdoc chuckled and rolled his eyes. "Shut up."

Just as you were beginning to relax after the fiasco at the shop you two had been at a few hours ago, you heard the faint sound of police sirens behind you. "Murdoc..." you mumbled, your voice barely above a whisper. He didn't acknowledge you. Your heart started racing, and your stomach tied itself into a tight knot. "Murdoc." You said sharply.

"Hm?" He looked at you briefly and then in the rear view mirror. "They aren't for us." Those words were soothing to hear. "Cops wouldn't have chased us for close to two hours for fora damn stolen hoodie and some chips,"

You nodded and slid down in your seat. "You're right... your right." You sighed, closing your eyes. "What if we get caught?"

"We won't, luv."
"If we do, they'll hurt me. I know they will."
"I won't let them hurt you."

Your eyes shot back open, and your heart began to race again. But for an entirely different reason. You looked over at him and smiled softly.

"I know you won't."