part 17

It was almost time got you and Murdoc to board the ship. You gripped onto your luggage tightly and pulled it behind you as you walked towards the loading area. "So, luv, what we 'outta do is sneak in through tha' loading dock, and then find our way ova' to the rooms. This is a pretty large, luxourius cruise ship, eh?" You swallowed hard and cleared your throat, staring off at the ocean. "Yeah... do we... do we get on now?" Murdoc began to walk forward without warning, tugging on your forearm a bit urging you to follow him. "'Course, luv. Let's get a move on." You contemplated leaving for a moment. You could have said your goodbyes, turn back to the car, and head home. But you didn't. Half of you wanted to, but the other half wanted you to stay right where you were. Especially right there with who you were with. You glanced over your shoulder and back to where you had came, still debating turning back and acting as if this never happened. But then his voice pierced through your heart, as if he knew what you were thinking. "You want to leave me, dont'cha?" Your eyes widened and you faced him. "Its not that I just... I'm confused on what to do." Murdoc shrugged and stomped his boot on the ground. "I understand. You can leave if yah want." You shook your head and took a few steps in the direction of the ship. "No I... want to go with you. To Vegas. To make a new band." Murdocs face began to turn to a slight pink tint, and a small smile began to develop on his face. You felt yourself doing the same. "Well! Let's get a move on!" You nodded and held onto your luggage a bit tighter. You followed behind him, thoughts swarming your mind. Your life really was changing. It felt weird, but it also felt relieving. Murdoc was the best thing that had happened to you in a long time. Regardless of how much you loved your job, your school, and your friends. You took a deep breath and stepped on to the loading ramp. You were now a different person.

-----

You sat at the window and stared out at the vast ocean. The colors spilling out from the sun flooded into the water and painted it with a display of bright, vibrant warm colors. You crossed your arms and bent over a bit, getting more comfortable as you stared out at your view. You sighed. It was gorgeous. Prettier than anything you had ever seen. To add to the lovely scenery, Murdoc began to strum a few notes on the guitar across the room on his bed. He pretty much hadn't gotten out of it for the past three hours. But you couldn't blame him. They may have only been twin beds, but GOD they were comfortable. You turned around and looked at him, a smile on your face. "What are you playin, Muddz? Sounds  nice." He looked up at you momentarily, and then quickly shot his gaze back down, his face as pink as the sky outside. "Oh eh... nothin' in particular, luv. Just some random chords." You twisted back around and stared out the window again, pulled back in by the hopes you'd see a dolphin or something that would add to the beauty of this moment. "Still sounds lovely." Murdoc chuckled and continued to strum it. "Thank you."

You watched the colors of the sunset fade out to the deep colors of the night, taking in the beauty as much as you could. "It's so pretty out here." You sighed, finally getting up from your spot. Murdoc had stopped playing the guitar a while ago, and he was now sitting up on his bed, watching you move across the room. "I'll be back in a bit, Muddz. I'm gonna shower and change into something I can sleep in. I'm shocked I haven't showered already, really." Murdoc grunted in response and rolled over to face the other way. "I'll take that as an 'I don't give a shit, (y/n). Just go do it.'" You mumbled, trying not to laugh at your snarky comment. You reached into your suitcase and pulled out the pajamas Murdoc had bought you. You headed off to the rather large bathroom, and locked the door behind you. You walked over to the shower and turned the water on, twisting the knob so that the water would get warmer over time. You backed away from the shower and decided to get undressed as the water heated up. You struggled momentarily to unzip your dress, but you got it eventually. You slipped it off, folded it up nicely, and placed it on the sink. It wasn't dirty yet, you had only worn it for a few hours. You then unclipped your bra and slid off your underwear. Now these were dirty. You tossed them into the shower for you to wash and then let drip dry. You'd just sleep braless and panty-less for the night. You didn't mind. You tried your best to avoid looking at yourself in the mirror, but you caught a quick glimpse of dirty, tangled (h/l) (h/c) hair and let out a sigh, followed by a laugh. At least you had a shower now.

You tested the water with your right hand, and once the temperature was to your liking, you stepped in. First, you washed your undergarments and hung them up on the bar behind you. You then proceeded to wash your face, detangle your hair with shampoo and conditioner, and scrub your skin until you felt clean.

Once done, you switched the water off, reached out for a towel, and dried off. You felt so much better. It was like you hadn't showered in weeks; when really, it was only a few days. And then it hit you. The hunger and the thirst. You sucked your teeth and dried your hair. You had to go buy something to eat and drink. You hopped out of the shower and threw on your pajamas, letting your semi-wet hair continue to dry on your shirt. You took a deep breath in through your nose and looked at yourself in the slightly fogged mirror. You had to get over it eventually. And surprisingly, you liked what you saw. You couldn't make out every single detail on your face, but your skin was clear, and your hair look shiny and soft. You touched your cheeks and smiled a bit, turning around to switch off the lights and leave the bathroom.

"Murdoc, I'm hungry. And thirsty. I'm taking some money and going to buy some water and some food. Do you want anything?" He rolled over and squinted up at you. "Ah' mean ah' guess. Jussa' water and some chips for me." You nodded and headed over to the bag that had all of your money in it. You snatched $30 and headed out of the door.

You felt lost walking around. Thankfully the ship had lights strung on it, or else it would have been pitch black other than the small sliver of the moon placed in the center of the sky. As you continued down the walkway, you began to hear indistinct chatter. You cleared your throat and walked towards it. You soon stumbled upon a large group of people, all seemingly older than you. They were sitting at a bar, drinking, talking, and looking at the stars. You walked up to one man who looked a bit different than the rest. He was dressed casually, and he didn't look as old as the surrounding people. "Hey, uh... I hate to interpret, but do you know where I could get some snacks and drinks by any chance?" The man twisted around to face you, a smile on his face. "You aren't interrupting anything! Go in through those doors," he paused, pointing to double doors. "That is the cafe, you should be able to get all you need in there." You gripped onto your money tighter and smiled back at him. "Th-thank you sir!" "Don't mention it!" He called out after you as you walked into the room he pointed you towards. There were racks of chips, vending machines full of drinks, and various other foods and beverages. You walked over to the hot section and browsed for a moment, being sure to look at the prices before you chose anything. You knew that cruise foods were usually more expensive than the retail price. You grabbed a box of grilled chicken, some mashed potatoes, some potato chips, silver wear, and some water bottles. You carried it all to the checkout and set your money out on the counter. After purchasing the food and drinks, you headed back to your room. 

You opened the door slowly, being careful not to wake up Murdoc in case he was asleep. Which, of course, he was. You rolled your eyes and set his requested food down on the night stand next to him, and headed over to your bed. Your bed was next to a small porthole window; which you loved. You grabbed a decorative pillow and laid it on your lap to serve as a table. You spread your food out and began to eat it, staring out at the waves lapping each other. You sighed and took a sip of your water. You looked over to Murdoc, his back turned to you and his covers pulled up to his waist. You smiled softly to yourself. Maybe this wasn't so bad after all.