part 10

"So, (y/n), you say we should go buy some new clothes and a suitcase?" You nodded and tapped your fingers on the table, scooting your now lukewarm cup of coffee away from you. You put your arms up on the table and spread your hands out as if you were using a map. "Here's what I think we should do," you began, pointing both of your index fingers down on the table. "We go to some shops and maybe get some clothes not covered in blood, and maybe a bag other than the duffel bag with the money. Just so we aren't sticking out like sore thumbs. I'd also like to maybe get a tooth brush and some deodorant." Murdoc thought for a moment, and then gave you an approving nod. "Alrighty then luv, if you're done, we can head out now." You looked down at your coffee and remaining fries and let a deep breath out through your nose. "Yeah, I'm done here."

Murdoc grunted and pressed his hands against the table as he stood up, stretching hit legs a bit. He stepped off to the side and offered his hand out to you. You rose your eyebrows and glanced from his hand to his face, and then decided to take his offer. He pulled you swiftly from the booth seat and brought you rather close to him. He looked down into your eyes for a moment before releasing your hand. "Welp, c'mon then." You cleared your throat and stretched down to touch your toes before following him out the doors.

"Muddz we didn't pay," Murdoc chuckled and glanced back at you. "I know. You've never done one of em' dine n' dash things? They're quite easy to get away with." You rolled your eyes and shoved your hands back into the pocket of your hoodie. You don't know what you expected him to respond with. Of course he wasn't going to pay. He was a criminal.

Once at the car, Murdoc walked to the passenger side and opened the door for you. "Oh uh," you mumbled, stepping into the car and buckling yourself in. "Thanks." He smiled at you softly and nodded. "You're welcome luv." He shut your door and then made his way over to the drivers side and hopped in. He didn't bother to buckle his seat belt. He turned the car on and backed out of the parking spot, and before you knew it, he was rushing down the freeway yet again. You pulled the collar of your hoodie away from your body and grunted. "Does the AC work?" Murdoc busted out laughing, resulting in a snort. "Of course it doesn't, (y/n). Just take ya hoodie off." You bit your bottom lip and felt your face heat up. "I took off the shirt I had on under it..." Murdoc slowed the car down a bit and cleared his throat. "Oh, uh... alright," he paused mid sentence and pulled over to the side of the road. 

"Muddz, why are we stopping?" Murdoc took his hands off the wheel and turned to you. "You can wear my shirt, it's loose. Here," he paused again, taking off his leather jacket and sliding off his shirt with it. You cleared your throat and tried to look away, but you couldn't for some reason. You looked at his body up and down, and you felt your face heat up to a million degrees. He had a shockingly good body. Slim waist, slightly toned stomach. And then you saw his little 'happy trail', and your mind started to wonder. You covered your eyes and hot pink face as quick as you could, pushing your back against the car door. "What's wrong (y/n)? Neva seen a shirtless man before? Uncover your eyes and change, ya dork." He said with a chuckle. You sighed through your nose and slowly slid your hand down. "Okay. But you need to turn around." He placed his white, slightly bloody and tattered shirt on your lap and shrugged. "Alright." He turned around without even trying to argue.

You pulled off your hoodie and laid it on the floorboard. You slipped his white shirt on, which was loose on you, and sighed in relief. "Thank you, you can turn back around now." Murdoc twisted back around and smiled at you. "Better?" You smiled back at him softly, and simply hummed in reply. It was times like these that made it hard for you to believe he was a criminal. 

After about 30 more minutes of driving down the dark freeway, the two of you began to approach some road signs and more turn offs. "Let's just sleep in the parking lot of a store and go shopping tomorrow morning, eh?" Your eyes were heavy, and you felt too tired to give a worded response. So you simply nodded, hoping Murdoc was able to see your agreement out of the corner of his eye. He put on his turning signal and got off of the freeway. He pulled off into what seemed like a shopping complex and parked under a large tree, away from as many street lights as he could possibly get away from. He sighed and turned off the car. He placed the keys in the empty cup holder, next to the one that was serving use as an ashtray. He leaned his seat back and rested his hands on his chest. You did the same. Murdoc turned his head and looked at you, causing you to look back. You gave him a tired smiled and raised your eyebrows. "Yes?" You questioned, your voice barely above a whisper.

"Thank you for ya help, (y/n). I appreciate you kind of just goin' along with me. I understand this probably isn't how ya wanted to spend ya youth but... thank you anyways." He whispered back, his eyes looking as tired as yours. You yawned and cupped your mouth, leaving your hand up against your burning cheeks. "You're welcome Muddz." You smiled again, but this time the smile stuck. Murdoc nodded and rolled over to face the opposite side. "Well, I'll see you tomorrow mornin'. Sleep well luv." He mumbled, bringing his knees up to his lower stomach.

You rolled over too and let your eyelids shut slowly and softly. "Same to you. Goodnight,"

Unlike the night before, you didn't toss and turn. You felt much more comfortable in this rundown car than you had before. Maybe it was because now you felt comfortable around Murdoc, or maybe you were just too tired to care. Either way, you drifted off to sleep easily, your dreams full of hope and happiness.