part 19

Once the two of you were finished with breakfast, you carried your plates to the trash and threw them away.  You ran back to the buffet and grabbed a coffee before quickly heading back over to Murdoc. He was standing over by a railing on the ship, his forearms resting on it as he stared out at the ocean. The salty breeze made his hair bounce. You came up behind him and decided to stand next to him, putting your arms in the same position. You looked out at the waves too, sipping your coffee occasionally. Until you felt Murdoc look at you. You looked up and over at him, your hair blowing fully off of your face. "What all do yah' want to look at?" He asked, tapping his jagged nails on the metal rail. "I dunno, maybe we could go relax by the pool for a bit? Even though I don't have a bathing suit. So, maybe I'd like to go change into my dress before that." Murdoc pursed his lips and nodded. "With all tha' old folks 'ere, I doubt there will be anyone swimmin' anyways." You giggled and nodded, knowing it was true. Murdoc chuckled softly and looked back out to the ocean, and you did the same. 

The ocean faded out into a deep blue, the water close to the boat being a light turquoise. The ship wasn't moving very fast, so the water was relatively calm. The soft, pure white clouds that decorating the sky reflected into the sea, the reflections dancing as the water swayed and lapped over itself. The sun was high in the sky, and since it set in the other direction, it wasn't at all in your eyes. The salty, cool breeze coming off of the ocean hit your face occasionally, relieving you from the heat of the sun. You let in and out a few deep breaths. The air was so clean. It was refreshing, and a good change from the air that you used to inhale back home. You paused, stopping yourself from continuing with your thoughts. Could you even call that home? Really, you couldn't anymore. For the time being, this boat was your home. And after this, there's no telling what or where you home will be. You closed your eyes and shook your head. You backed up from the railing, leaving your hands on the railing. "You okay, luv?" Asked Murdoc, twisting his head around to look over at you. You opened your eyes and forced a smile. "Yeah. I'm fine. Just a little home sick again I guess." You shrugged and cleared your throat. "Do you mind if we actually go back to the room for a bit? There isn't much to do out here, either. At least we have the guitar in the room-" Murdoc cut you off and pushed back from the railing, a grin finding it's way onto his face. "The guitar! You still 'ave to play for me! We should go back n' do that, eh? Could be fun. Ah'll even teach'ya a bit." You thought for a moment and then smiled back at him. "Sure. Maybe it could help take my mind off of things." He nodded and offered his hand out to you. You bit your bottom lip and hesitated, your face heating up. You took his hand and intertwined your fingers with his. "Let's get goin' now." You hummed in agreement and walked back to your room with him, hand in hand. 

He opened the door and allowed you to walk in first. You walked straight to his bed and plopped down on it, bouncing a bit as you did. "Thanks for eh... makin' my bed by the way (y/n). I appreciate it." You nodded and smiled, reaching for the guitar. "You're welcome." He shut the door gently and walked over to sit beside you. He sat rather close, which caused your heart to speed up. You plucked each string and tuned it to your liking, being careful not to bang it around. Once you had it all tuned up, you shifted around a bit and played some chords. Murdoc nodded slowly and decided it was best to scoot back, which it kind of was. The guitar was a bit big for you, and you didn't want to thwack him with it. "What should I play?" You asked, continuing to quietly strum chords. Murdoc pondered for a moment, and then sat up a bit straighter once a thought came into his head. "Play one of my songs!! Y'know... from ehh... Gorillaz." You nodded cheerfully and began to tap your foot on the ground. "Any requests?" Murdoc shrugged and leaned back over a bit. You furrowed your brows and thought, and finally came up with a song to play. 

You began to play the opening to Sound Check, softly singing the words as you went on. You allowed yourself to sing louder as the song went on. Once to the bridge of the song, you stopped playing and singing, still tapping your foot. "Sorry I... don't know the rest of the chords. I really only know the start. Hell, I don't even know if there's guitar in the rest of the song." Murdoc shook his head and leaned in, his body inches from your yet again. You froze. "(Y/n)! That was perfect! You sounded great... trust me, luv. Could ya' play any other songs? Jus' curious." Your eyes lit up and a smile spread across your face. "Y-Yeah! I can, actually." You cleared your throat and began to play Tomorrow Comes Today, singing it just as you had before in the car. Murdoc cut you off by placing a hand on your thigh, and for a moment the world stopped spinning. Your words faded off and you refused to look down, so you just looked ahead. "You have amazin' talent..." he mumbled, his lips suddenly inches from your neck. A shiver ran down your spine and you began to tap your foot on the floor faster. "Th-thank you Muddz." You mumbled, almost unable to form words. His hand was cold against your burning skin, and the skin felt rough. You bit your bottom lip and inhaled deeply through your nose. And that's when he squeezed it. Your whole face lit up like a stop light, and thoughts began to rush through your mind. Using his other hand, Murdoc turned your face towards his so he could look into your eyes. He traced your jawline with his long nail, dragging your bottom lip down as his second hand dropped down to your shoulder. You swallowed hard and continued to sit silently, staring into his partially covered eyes. His face was red, too. But not nearly as red as yours. There was a smirk plastered on his face, but a small one. Just as he began to lean in even closer, and snickered. "Told you that'cha helpless, doll. I just got'cha wrapped 'round my finger by touchin' ya' thigh~" he purred. You suddenly went from feeling flustered to feeling frustrated. 

"Is this because of what I said earlier?"

"Eheh, bingo, baby." 

You growled and rolled your eyes, moving his hands off of you. "You're something else, Niccals." 

Murdoc chuckled and grabbed the guitar from you. "How 'bout I play and you sing?" He was changing the subject awfully quick, but you really didn't mind. "Sure."