Deep Thoughts

This book isn't called the thoughts of an Aqaurius for nothing. I've been thinking lately. This what it's about.

My Dad just loves to push me to do all my work immediately after I get it. And it sucks. He calls everyday during his break, since his work shift sucks, and it normally goes something like this.

He asks how my day is if school is good. Then asks about homework and if I've practiced. Then I say no I haven't practiced, he then hounds me to practice. Yesterday my mom told me he only wants to practice on Friday through Monday. And yet, I swear he's told me to practice on Wednesday, Tuesday, and Thursday. It's so annoying.

Then I started thinking. If this is all life is, why bother? Depressing, I know. But seriously, why bother at all if life is only work. I mean take my dad for example. He wakes up and goes to work. He has breaks where he makes sure everyone else is doing their work at home. Then continues working. He comes home and eats with my mom. He goes to sleep, then repeats!

There has to be more meaning than that! I've asked questions like why I am learning this garbage at school. When I am going to use knowledge on the civil war in real life? Or need to know how to find the mood in The tell-tales heart? Or find the hypotonues of a triangle!?

The school system is out of date. We are trained to obey and mindlessly take orders, like you had to in the industrial era , around when most school systems were being fully developed. We are taught that work is the only important thing in life. That's all we need is good grades to survive.

We graduate highschool and get thrown into the real world with almost no knowledge or experience of what's to come. We're expected to know how to do this, as if it were as easy as walking. But it's not!

I fell like there has to be than work! And most of the time, the work people do is meaningless to us. Like people working fast-food, no one wants that job. So we quit it and find a better one. Like in an office. We go to work, do the same thing over and over, until we've gotten it down to a science. Everyday, the same thing, it must be boring after a while. Unless you really enjoy that job. Like maybe you writing, so you became an author, you're gonna love that job! But, if you became a janitor because no one else would hire because you don't the correct set of skills, then you're gonna be miserable.

Good God, I am so bored of this. All this meaningless junk I'm being forced to memorize by heart. I know some of it actually is helpful. But alot of it isn't. I've forgotten almost everything  I learned in elementary.

But there's nothing I can do. Life is apperantly just work, so oh well. I'll rebel against that system another day.

Remember though, life is more than that!

Arg, I'm gonna go watch some YouTube and anime now. Bye.