Chapter 40: Library

Start from the beginning

Elinn's eyes faded back to blue and I pointed towards the section she had wanted. As I watched her go I couldn't help but worry about her. She had already been through so much and she didn't need anything more on her mind. I would do some research before I started causing a fuss.

I walked over to one of the library computers and logged in. These computers weren't like most library computers, they had all of the information known to the werewolf world. All the things we knew about our species were on this computer and hopefully somewhere in all that information would be something about a wolf having two distinct eye colors.

I wasn't sure where to start my search so I simply typed in two eye colors. About a hundred different articles pulled up and I took a deep breath, this might take a while.

I skimmed through the first couple of articles finding nothing that was helpful at all. They were just talking about people who were born with different eye colors which I did have to admit was pretty cool. About seven articles in I found something that might be helpful.

A werewolf rank is partially determined by the color it's eyes glow when his/her wolf is near the surface. It is an important piece of werewolf life and culture, it helps wolves know the ranks when entering different packs and knowing who to turn to with their issues.

An average wolf has a pure brown eye, this symbolizes their willingness to work for and with their leaders. It is the most common eye color in werewolf culture.

A pack warrior's eyes glow a solid blue, showing their rank as a fighter. The darker the blue the higher up the warrior is in the pack. They ensure the pack safety especially that of the Alpha and Luna.

Delta wolves and Beta wolves generally have a green eye color. They are in charge of making sure the pack runs smoothly and assisting the Alpha and Luna. They can order all other pack members but the Alpha and Luna.

Alpha's and Luna's have a red color to their eyes. It shows that they are in charge and the most important people in the pack. Their job is to maintain the pack and serve the Royals in whatever way they can.

Royal wolves that are fighters have yellow eyes. They are the fiercest warriors you can find and will protect the royal family at all costs. They will also enforce the laws and their punishments with any pack or pack member who may be disobeying them.

The Royal wolves (King, queen, etc.) all have white eyes that shown they are the purest form of wolf on the planet. They rule over the other wolves and create the laws that govern the werewolf world with a strict hand. They are the most powerful wolves and nothing outranks them currently.

Long ago there were rumored to be wolves with golden eyes. They were said to be the rarest wolves out there. However, no wolf with golden eyes has ever been found or identified. Even if such a wolf existed we have no records showing what kind of a wolf they would be. If you ever discover a wolf that has this specific ability, please locate your nearest council members so that a proper investigation may occur.

On the same note, a wolf cannot have two colors of eyes. For instance, a Beta cannot have red eyes and an Alpha will not have blue eyes. This only applies when your wolf is close to the surface, natural eye color does not matter.

It is impossible for a wolf to have more than one color because you cannot hold two ranks at the same time. It would take a physical toll on your body that would be too tremendous for it to stand and it would start to deteriorate. Some foolish wolves have tried in the past to hold more than one position and it always results in death.

I leaned back in my seat taking a moment to process what all of this meant. My mate had two distinct eye colors which meant a couple different things.

One: that she was, in fact, a royal.

Two: her eyes glowed gold which was something no other wolf could do. It was so unheard of that no one even knew what it could possibly mean.

Three: Her eyes needed to be kept a secret as to not drag the council into things.

Four: Elinn could do something no other wolf could, she could have two different eye colors which meant she held two different ranks.

That was the theory anyway, I could have just imagined that her eyes had gone gold and I was going crazy. I really hoped that was what was going on because the alternative wasn't pretty. Elinn would be just fine no matter what happened.

"Carter, what are you looking at?" Elinn surprised me by saying in my ear. I calmly closed out of the tab, no need to draw attention to it.

"Just some research for a project that I'm working on. Being an Alpha can be so exhausting sometimes." I hoped it sounded as if I was being dramatic and playing this off well enough.

"Come on, I want to check these out so I can go back to my room to read them." Elinn was bouncing while holding a large stack of books in her hands. I gently took most of them from her and tucked them under one of my arms while pulling her next to me with the other.

"Let's go then, we can't keep you waiting now can we?" I teased and walked towards the front of the library. I tried to think of possible solutions to my question, but I couldn't come up with any good answers. I might have to ask around to get some better answers.

"CARTER COME BACK HERE AND PROPERLY CHECK OUT THOSE BOOKS!" Ruthan called after us and I speed up my pace. Elinn laughed as I hauled her out of the room. I would figure this whole thing out, if not for my sake, then for hers.

AN: GUYS WE HIT NINETY THOUSAND!! Look what you guys have been able to achieve! You all made this possible for everyone in the community and I really appreciate it. Big shout out to Arnee03, AlteredStateOfMind, and Minnieramos you guys are always so positive with your comments and very supportive. You give me feed back on everything and most of you have been here since the beginning. Thanks for sticking around I appreciate it. Also, thank you to all the other wonderful consistent commentors, I can't name you all off at the same time, but I'm trying to work you all into some of these things. I love you guys! Until next time, bye bye!