Anika: I... want... to... push...

Doctor: Abhi nahi Anika. You're only 7 cm dilated. Hume wait karna hoga.

Anika fell back on her bed and shot daggers at Shivaay.

Anika: Yeh sab aapki wajah se ho raha hain. Sirf mujhe humare bacchon ko kyoon janam dena pad raha hain? Aap kyoon nahi de sakte?

Shivaay felt very awkward as the nurses were giggling, waiting for his reply.

Shivaay: Aisa possible hota toh kar leta likin, tumhi batao, how am I supposed to look with a baby-bump?

Anika laughed, imagining Shivaay with baby-bump. He smiled and kissed her forehead. They spent the next couple of hours chatting and, occasionally, Anika cursing the law of nature and the patriarchy. After a few hours, the doctor said...

Doctor: Anika, you're 10 cm dilated. Aapka baccha is duniya main aane ke liye tayaar hain.

Anika looked towards Shivaay, who smiled and gave her a 'you-can-do-it' look.

Doctor: Agle contraction pe you have to push for 10 counts.

Shivaay: 10 counts!

Doctor: *sternly* It's the procedure, Mr Oberoi.

He meekly nodded. At next contraction, Anika tightly held Shivaay's hand and pushed while he encouraged her. Half an hour later, Anika fell back on the bed, breathing heavily.

Anika: Main yeh nahi kar sakti Shivaay. Main thak gayi hoon.

Shivaay: Hey, tum meri khidki-tod Anika ho. Of course tum yeh kar sakti ho.

Anika: Likin mujhe bahot dard ho raha. Agar...agar main mar gayi...

Shivaay: Shut up, okay. Aise kaise keh sakti ho tum? Kuch nahi hoga tumhe. *cups her face* Tum meri jaan ho aur...

Anika: Shivaay Singh Oberoi ki jaan itni aasani se nahi jaayegi.

Shivaay kissed her forehead.

Shivaay: I know it's painful but the result will be worth it.

Anika nodded then took a deep breath to push again.

Doctor: We're almost there Anika. 2-3 more.

Anika pushed as hard as she could for 10 counts.

Doctor: Okay, one last push.

Shivaay: *whispered in Anika's ear* Last one Anika.

Gathering all the strength that was left in her, Anika pushed with all her might and then...

Anika: *screamed* AAAHHH...

She fell back on the bed, breathing heavily as the cries of a baby filled the room. Anika Shivaay Singh Oberoi finally gave birth to their second child. Shivaay watched the whole scenario with tears filled in eyes.

Doctor: Congratulations! It's a boy.

Anika cupped her mouthed and let her tears flew. Shivaay kissed her forehead and hugged her.

Shivaay: You did it!

Anika: We did it.

A nurse handed them their newborn son. Anika held him in her arms then exchanged a glance with Shivaay. They kissed his forehead, banging their heads in the process.

Doctor: Mr Oberoi, aap please baahar jaayiye. Hume maa aur bacche ko examine karna hain.

Shivaay frowned but Anika smiled and nodded him to go.