44

Uri

The day has come way too quick. So much has happened. We survived and that's great, but I actually kind of liked these people. I'm not used to hanging out with people this much, so to have it go sucks. I made friends and now it'll be awhile when we'll see each other again. Well at least for me. With my 3 siblings I won't have a break and it'll be a constant target on our heads. So my breaks are non existent for awhile.

Makenna may stay with us for awhile too, so she may help, but maybe not. Mom doesn't want her going back to an empty house and she wants her to go off to school and succeed in life.

As for the guys, the twins and Noah well they're going wherever the wind takes them. They said they'll FaceTime to give me some company, but we'll see if they hold up.

And with Jamie I've already snuck out before I can do it again. I just have to find out when I'll take breaks to actually live.

"I just don't want you to go," she told me. "Can we at least see each other next week-"

"Jamie you know I-"

"I know but can we just try?" I nodded, earning a smile and a kiss on the cheek. "My mom says she'll let me visit some times if it's okay with your family."

Speaking of family I haven't told them. I didn't think I had to but Jamie and her mom are really big on the whole acceptance thing. Especially since my grandfather is Lucifer. They or I know Jamie's mom for sure is not trying to cross any line against him. I just don't want to have to depend so much on my family's approval because that clearly didn't work well for my parents.

"I'll mention it to them, then I'll let you know."

"You haven't said have you?" I glanced away from the subtle disappointment in her eyes. "I'll wait if I have to Uriah."

I smiled at the thought of someone waiting for me. She meant it and that played tricks on my heart. I know I can trust her now, but if something were to happen it'd hurt like something else.

"Hey," she said tangling her fingers in mine. "As long as that heart only skips beats for me, you have nothing to worry about. I can't even think of hurting you or your family. I don't know what came over me before, but that's over with. I swear on my soul-"

"Don't-"

No demon can swear on their soul and break it and live to tell the tale. She didn't have to. If she hurts me she does, but I don't want to see her hurt as well.

"I want to-"

"But I don't." I sighed untangling my hand to create space to actually look at her. "Jamie, I'm not good at this kind of stuff. It's not foreign to me, but I'm just not good at it. I'm barely good. If you swear by that I don't want the guilt of knowing I hurt you some way. I can't live with knowing that. Do you get where I'm coming from?"

She nodded. I gave her a kiss on her forehead helping her to get off the tree we were perched in. "But for me to believe you, you can at least hold my hand in front of everyone."

When we were on solid ground she tangled our fingers once again walking back to the house. We walked in ignoring the twins to go to the family room were everyone was gathered. Makenna was leaned against Noah, while mom was sitting on dad on the couch, with Naomi and Damon playing with the kids and Hades in the corner drinking. The conversation halted for just a second, but continued as if it was nothing. I could feel mom's eyes on me while she talked in her language. That already let me know it was a serious talk, but her gaze isn't making it any better.

We sat near Noah and Makenna trying to get what was going on. Especially since Makenna understood the language now. She knew why I was looking at her, but she refused to meet my gaze.

"Makenna."

"I can't say, Uri." She looked over to my mom, before quickly adverting her eyes. "If you listen you'd understand."

"I don't know this language."

"But you know emotions and how that works with the tone of everyone's voice... don't make me say these things out loud. It's really none of my business."

I tried focusing on it, but the complexity of their emotions and mom blocking me off is hard to break through. If I didn't feel like they were talking about us than I wouldn't be worried. I would've just brushed it off, but this feeling is starting to get to me.

"I'm just a little worried about where this will go," mom muttered.

I was understanding now.

"She broke it. It's your choice now if you let it slide, but keep in mind that if you do, everyone will look at you differently," Damon told her.

"I know. I just want him to be happy. If I take this away, I couldn't live with myself. I refuse to be like my parents and Aniel's. You see how that's going and it's been years now. If she's who he likes, then he has a right to how he feels. I just don't want her to hurt him. I can't fix that disaster that'll come with that."

Just as she said that an image flashed before my eyes. It was all of a sudden, but it was like it took me somewhere. Everything was on fire and I was burning up. Everybody was in panic, screaming and crying. They were being attacked by demons. I was watching it all happen enjoying every minute of it. It was lovely almost like I was full and drunk off of the sight. It was rage. Pain. Excitement. Everything. So much red. So much blood. So much chaos...

"Hey are you okay?"