33

Makenna

"She'll be safer with us," Alastor explained.

"But she was taken," Uri bit back.

Alastair look over to Amia for help. "Look Uri she will be better off with us. You all already have a lot to deal with, you don't want to have to look after a kid during this time."

"Like when you were left with my mom."

He was not missing a beat today. And this is starting to get out of hand. I'm starting to see what Noah was talking about now.

Amia took in a deep breath to calm down. "Precisely. If something happens to Nasima it will be all of our heads."

"I'm not the one who was guarding her in the first place. If something happens again, it's not my fault." Amia tried to say something, but he talked over her. "I'm her kid, you honestly think she's going to shun me?"

Amia grabbed his collar looking at him. Then almost as quick as that started he fainted. Alastor shook his head but took Uri and sat him down.

"What is wrong with him," Amia asked us arching a brow like we did this.

I shrugged, but Noah definitely had words to say. "He's not himself. The other day he had blue flames come off of him. His eyes turned black and he tried to fight me. Plus he's been snapping on everyone."

Amia let out a long sigh, closing her eyes. "Al?"

"I'm on it," he said placing a hand on Uri's forehead. "How interesting. He has a bug and at this point in time I can't take it out. Now that we know that, everyone has to play along with his antics until it is gone or I can find a safe way of removing it. Jamie may I talk to you in private?"

She looked taken aback and confused. She followed anyways and I'm wondering what that's all about. Either way we'll find out soon and eventually. So I'll stick with the whole being nice thing.

Amia left with Nasima quickly. It's impressive how she can just cut through the fabric of the world and walk through like it's nothing. I wonder if I can do that one day or maybe even Uri since they're related. It's so many things I still want to know. It's just a matter of who will teach me.

When Al and Jamie came back she glanced at Ty and they left as well. Alastor looked very concerned while looking at Uri.

"Do you know how he got this bug," I asked him.

"I'm not sure. Please keep a look out for Tavis and your father-"

"Why Tavis?"

His face hardened some. "This is his signature. I'll try to find him, but if he gets here or uses someone else, call on either of us."

I nodded and now he left. So it was then 2 of us. Well 3 but Uri is unconscious. I barely want to count Noah, but since this is his house then I guess I must.

"So about last night," Noah said lowly following me to the kitchen.

"Yeah, what about it?"

He looked away almost embarrassed. "I just didn't want you getting the wrong idea. Or anything. I just- well Uri and then the thing. Jamie just- I didn't-"

He was stammering a lot. A lot to where I couldn't deal with the awkwardness growing from it. "You don't want me telling Uri or Jamie what you said," I said guessingly "or you don't want me to have the impression of you liking Jamie because you moved when she came in."