13

Makenna

"Hey can I talk to you," Jamie asked me quietly. I shrugged and moved away from the guys. "I just wanted to say that I don't mean any harm being here. If my presence bothers you and everyone else's so much I can wait until you all leave to hang out with Noah again."

I huffed, picking at the grass. "It's not so much that it bothers me, it's just something about you says you're up to something. I get you're friends with Noah, but when a friend wants to hang out with someone else's family this much without knowing them exactly is strange to me."

"I understand," She nodded. "Then I'll leave everyone be until this is over."

"I'm not saying that. I'm just saying don't try anything."

I sighed looking at the adults and then the house. You can physically feel something is wrong. Lucifer being at the table is a problem of it's own. But he looked pissed and I'm not sure why. Mom was holding onto Luana close to her chest almost like she was protecting her. Those two things was enough of a sign that something is going on.

"Do you think they're going to come back," Jamie asked pointing to the house.

"They have to. Nasima is having too much fun in that ant hill and I'm not helping there."

She laughed and I joined in too. It was nice to laugh with a girl again. My friends and I haven't done that in awhile. All we did was argue everyday. We argued about me not being able to always go out. We argued about me doing some of the things they did. We argued about me leaving for this trip.

"Great," Chance said sarcastically getting everyone's attention. "Just perfect."

"What is it?"

"I forgot to feed Gary," he said covering his eyes. "He's going to get out."

"Dammit, Chance," Charming muttered under his breath. "You realize Nemo's cage is open?"

"Who's Gary and Nemo," Jamie asked.

"They're pet snake and hamster," Noah answered. "Doesn't Nemo have something on him that makes Gary turn away?"

Chance nodded. "Yeah but when he's hungry, he eats any and everything."

"So they're both dead," Charming finished.

I wish I had a pet. That sperm donor never let me have a single goldfish. He said it was already bad he had to take care of me we didn't need something else to take care of. Mr. Fish was down the toilet the second he was brought in.

Like I'm not sad that that man is gone because he was a huge jerk. For a few moments though it still feels like he's still here. It's that unsurety that makes me nervous.
----

"Kenna, why are you so far away?"

"You have ants on you still. Until your mom and dad and everyone else comes back, I'm staying here."

She huffed. "He just wants to be left alone, she said under her breath.

"And how do you know?"

" 'Cause he's at that building," she said lowly.

So nobody knows where Uri went. He just up and left without any say. This was after he snapped on us. He left, then Lucifer left, then Jamie and her dad, then his grandparents, then the adults got suspicious. They've been looking for him for 3 hours now. But if what she says is true then he's really at some building, maybe the one Belle took me. She said that's were she went when she needed someplace quiet.

I gestured her to follow me and we went to the boys room. The door was wide open but I really wish it wasn't. I believe it was Charming who just got out of the shower. Lucky there was towel action going on. Chance decided to chill in his underwear and Noah was in the process of changing into clothes. It's not that it bothered me any, it's just not something I meant to walk in on.