24

Noah

"I don't know she wouldn't say," Uri told us out back. "All I know is that she was furious and still is."

Ty stormed past us and we all shared a look. Then there was various loud noises from where Makenna was. Nobody wanted to interrupt that. She screamed out of frustration I assume and everything stopped. It was silent once again.

"Can you read emotions from this far away," I asked him.

He shrugged then frowned. Then he started running. We ran after him. He didn't give a chance to ask what the situation was, he just left. But now we know why. Makenna was on the ground all bloodied up. Uri just kept going more deeper into the trees, Chance followed and Charming went to get help.

I stayed because there's this pull in me that I can't explain. It's like I should help but I don't know how. She was unconscious, unmoving and barely breathing. This wasn't like when she passed out, this was different.

She was so bloody I'm not sure where she was bleeding from. Her face was hidden by her hair, so I wasn't so eager to see how that was. But I couldn't leave her here, so I picked her up and carried her inside. I had to bite down on my phobia for a minute.

"Nobody's here," Charming said coming back.

"Great. We can't take her to the hospital... have you tried calling them?"

He nodded. "They're not picking up. We can't just leave her like this because Raelyn scares me more than she does."

I laughed a little. "You're afraid of Makenna-"

"She had Chance held up by a blade of grass. Yeah she frightens me some days- but she doesn't get to know that. Let's just hose her down or something."

"We can't just hose her down, she's not a dog." I turned back to see if Uri and Chance were returning. "Come on we'll just put her in the tub."

So that's what we did until we realized that could go wrong. She could drown or mess up her neck more. I held her up while the shower was going. It washed off some of the blood and dirt but not much. We wiped some off, but she was still bleeding. She should've healed by now though.

"There's some bandage wraps in the basement," I told Charming.

He left and I looked at all the damages done. Her right arm was swollen, pretty sure it was broken along with her thigh and ankle. Her ribs were bruised. She had a black eye, a split lip and cheek. She had cuts everywhere along with welts and bruises.

"Fuck that guy," Chance yelled coming in, kicking things over. "Dammit!"

Uri came up looking down at Makenna, then at me. "Her dad is back."

"But he's dead."

"He will be when I find him," Chance yelled.

"We caught up with him," Uri explained. "He paralyzed us and played out some not so good memories while he escaped."

Charming came back up handing over the bandages then went to go calm his brother. Uri helped me wrap her up, but she's still drenched.

"She needs fresh clothes," Uri said awkwardly.

I sighed because I knew but didn't feel like doing it. He looked at me waiting for my response. I wasn't doing this by myself if anything.

"Okay," I left and brought some back. "Alright, how are we doing this."

Uri had already got her out on the floor. "Just take it off and don't make it weird."

Yeah, of course.