Uri

I'm not sure what mom was thinking, but I'm not helping Makenna. She's rude, she's arrogant and she doesn't care about anyone but herself. I thought I wasn't supposed to fight, that's what she told me all these years. It's why I'm homeschooled. Which is extremely boring if you didn't know.

I don't care for people in the first place but being forced to give my undivided attention to one person out of respect while she isn't giving me hers is exhausting.

"I told you, I'll think about it. Right now I need to get ready and you should too."

"I'm not going. Not my grandparents, not my issue," she said and left me to get dressed.

My alarm never went off this morning so now I'm rushing to get dressed and everything. Mom wants me and Nasima looking nice for whatever reason. We're just visiting our grandparents it shouldn't be this big of a deal.

"Uri, is your sister awake," mom yelled from downstairs.

I rushed to her room, while hopping to put my shoe on. I nudged the door open and sure enough she was asleep. I pulled the covers back and sneaky her she was already dressed and set.

"She's fine," I yelled back to her.

I picked the sleeping Nasima up and went down the stairs, heading out. Mom and dad were already in the car, so it left just us.

Mom turned around and strapped Nasima in, while tucking a pillow behind her head. She looked over at me and started fiddling with my hair, causing me to try to move her hands out the way. That turned into a little slap fight over my head.

"It's fine," I told her.

She hit me with a hard stare, but Dad eased her back down in her seat. "Let's not get riled up before we see them. Uri, remember they aren't your mother, what she laughs at won't change their attitude. Nasima, sweetie." She let out a little humph noise. "Please don't run off without letting us know where you're going."

Once we established some groundwork and rules, we drove to their house. Dad said they might be a little upset about us and not seeing us for all these year, but they might not. He also said words might be exchanged and not to believe some of what I hear.

When we arrived grandpa was already sitting on the porch. I helped Nasima out since mom buckled her in tightly. Dad had already helped mom out, but Nasima seemed stuck. I mean it didn't help that she was panicking and kicking me.

"So," grandpa said coming down. "Am I going to meet my grandkids today or not?"

Mom and dad laughed awkwardly turning around to look at us. At this moment though, Nasima managed to kick me in my face. Mom looked seconds from kindly yelling to hurry up. Dad came over, and un did her buckle with ease, helping her out.

"This is Nasima and this is Uri," dad introduced us, by pushing us forward.

"Hi it's nice to finally meet you," I told grandpa holding my hand out after stumbling a little.

He stared at it and moved back a little. "Well let's go in to see where your mother went, Aniel," he said heading off.

I took my hand back in. That was awkward. Mom just sighed and shook her head, placing a reassuring arm over my shoulders. I just don't get the problem with us.

"Honey, this is..."

"Nasima and Uri," mom finished for grandpa.

"So you're expecting again," grandma asked staring down at her stomach like it was a tumor.