"Talk to her, Y/N. Please." Camila says again, smoothening her hand up and down your shoulder. "Everything has a reason, Y/N.Lauren has a reason."

"Then what a fucked up reason she has Camila." You snapped at her, scooting away from her touch.

Camila watched you with a pained expression, you never called her by her name, you always call her monkey. And by that, she sensed that you're serious about the situation. She hated seeing you like this and as your best friend she had to make sure you're alright, but how could she if you always keep shutting away from everyone.

With closed eyes pretending to sleep, you hear the bed creak and footsteps slowly fading away. The door creaked open with a slight pause. "Breakfast will be served in a few minutes Y/N." Camila reminded. "Don't forget to eat alright?" She said lastly before your hear the door closed softly.

You exhaled, opening your eyes as you turned around. You watch the closed door where Camila came out, a slight regret on what you've made her feel. You stared at the door with your lips pursed into a tight line, parting your lips a little.

"I'm sorry, Monkey." You muttered before closing your eyes again.

-

You felt a cold sensation pressing simultaneously on your lips, slowly waking you up from your deep slumber. You shift in your bed and opened your eyes to see Angelina's face closer to yours, looking at you closely with a small slice of pancake on her hand.

Your eyes switched down to the food then back to her eyes again. "Are you trying to put that in my mouth?" You yawned as you asked her, lifting your torso using your forearm as leverage.

"You didn't eat your pancake, so big brother Troy ate it." She told you, bringing the cold pancake closer to your mouth again. "You might be hungry so I brought you mine."

The simple yet heartwarming action melted your heart. "Come here." You pulled her by the arm, guiding her while she climb on your bed. You lied back, pulling Angelina into a warm embrace.

"Thank you little one." You muttered, tightening your arms around her.

Angelina pulled away. "Are you going to spend new year's Eve with us big sister?" She asked, curling her body into a ball while she absentmindedly placed the pancake on a forgotten corner of the bed.

You squinted your eyes playfully, humming as you thinking. "I don't know..." You trailed off, shrugging your shoulders.

The little girl whined, rolling over on her stomach and look towards you with an adorable pout on her lips. "But everyone will be there."

"I'm a bit...busy at the moment.." You lied. "And besides, you guys will all be okay without me."

"But Lauren will be sad again."

You should be Angry at Lauren, you should never cared about her, but after what Angelina said you can't help but to feel concerned about her.

"Again?" Your head tilts. "Why?"

"Brad-"

You cut her off. "How come you call me big sister while you only call Brad by his name?"

Angelina looks down, her pout falls down. "Brad said he doesn't like me and he always treat me badly." She replied and looked back up to you again. "And when mommy told me I have another big sister, I thought maybe I can have a playmate since nobody in school likes me."