Chapter 8 : Ji Min, Waeyo?!

Start from the beginning

"Why? What happened?!" Ji Min asked.

"My parents told me that I was adopted. I want to die now! I can't bring back my real parents' image. Not even my sister can. I should die now so I can see them in heaven. Ji Min, please kill me," I begged him. The ten year-old didn't do anything; he was scared of me.

"Fine! If you won't kill me, I'll do it myself!" I shouted at him after a few minutes. I picked up the barbecue stick that was lying on the ground. I wanted to stab myself. His eyes widened, and he tried to stop me.

"Tae Hyung, no!" he shouted as he yanked my left arm. His other hand was on the stick. The next thing I knew, the stick broke.

"Life is precious, chingu. Maybe God has His reason why He took them. Don't kill yourself! You may be depressed now, but time will heal all wounds. Killing yourself doesn't mean you'll be able to see them in heaven. What if you went to hell? Then your situation would only worsen. Please! What about us? Your friends? And your foster parents? Don't we mean a lot to you? Please. Just cry it out loud. And one morning, when you wake up, you'll be okay again," he started tearing up. Hearing his words made me realize my worth, and I decided to at least try to continue living. He really is a good friend.

~ end of flashback~

The teacher went inside. I let out a sigh as we started our math class.

Kae Il's POV

I walked towards the cafeteria and tried to forget about V's confession. I saw everyone huddled in different groups, speaking quietly to each other. I couldn't hear them, so I continued walking. As soon as I saw Jin Hee eating, I approached her and smiled at her.

"Don't smile," she warned. "If you're here to talk about what I was gonna tell you earlier, then we can talk about it next time. I'm not in the mood. Have you heard the news?"

"What news?"

"A student was rushed to the hospital today because of an attempted suicide at the Shingchangdom Rooftop. He's in Class M. I don't know him, nor what exactly happened either, but I hope he's safe."

"Mwo? Mworago? Oh my gosh. Bye, Jin Hee. I need to go."

"Eodiga? Stay here and eat first. Yah!" I heard her shout but I continued to walk. I had a bad feeling. I hoped it wasn't my oppa.

I ran to the admin's office. Being a student president, I had the privilege to go there. As soon as I stepped in front of the office door, I didn't hesitate to enter. I walked towards her, slowly, as if I was carrying the whole world. I asked the officer in charge for the boy's name who was rushed into the hospital.

"Ji Min. Park Ji Min," she frowned.

As I heard his name, I felt my knees quake. I couldn't move. The room was spinning. My mind couldn't process anything. My sight was clouded by the incoming waterfall of tears. I immediately wiped them off as best as I could. I bowed thankfully at the officer in charge and ran away. I knew I only met him a few days ago, but he still felt close to me. I felt loved whenever we talked and said lame jokes to each other. He's like a brother. God, please take care of him, jebal.

Third Person's POV

Jin was in the restroom. He also cried after hearing the news. After a couple of minutes, he washed his face and looked at himself in the mirror. He saw his eyes ready to explode because of all the crying. He figured he'd wear his cap so that the others wouldn't notice him. He decided to run to the guard who witnessed Ji Min's attempt and asked in which hospital he was admitted. The guard told him and he opted to go to the hospital to see Ji Min rather than attend his classes; his friend was definitely way more important. As he walked, he faced his head down so that nobody could clearly see his eyes, but his body collided with someone's. They both moaned in pain.

"Sorry, I guess I was running too fast and carelessly; I didn't notice that there's someone coming around the corner," she said, avoiding his gaze. Her eyes were still red; she was afraid he would notice that she cried.

"Me too," he looked up at her. It was his crush. "Sorry," he suddenly bent his head down realizing that his cap fell. PLEASE, don't look at my eyes.

She looked at him. "You're face seems really familiar. Have we met before?" she wondered aloud while rubbing her forehead; her way for him not to notice her bloodshot eyes.

"I think so. We're classmates," he answered, avoiding her gaze. She looked at him and saw his eyes. She assumed he also cried, so she stopped rubbing her forehead, realizing that they had no need to hide anymore.

"Oh! Sorry for not noticing you earlier. Let's go to the class together then," She smiled to hide her misery.

"Sorry, but I need to go to somewhere. I-I need to skip class for today. Please excuse me," He turned around to walk, but..

"Where are you going?" she questioned him.

"Um, uh, the h-h-hospital. My friend was admitted earlier. I have to go now; goodbye," he waved as he continued walking.

"Is it Ji Min?" she had to yell since he was already so far away. He nodded and continued to walk.

She ran and followed after him.

"Why are you following me? You're the student president. You could get scolded because of me. Please, you should return now while you can."

"But Ji Min is also my friend. It's okay."

"But what if we get caught? I won't, I can't let you. It's already quite dangerous for you since I have to use the walls behind the school since the guards won't let me out through the front gate. This school is seriously too strict... It's probably gonna be too difficult for you to climb in the wall, and I don't want you to be hurt." he said, sincerely concerned.

"I can manage. Please, I need to see him too."

Finally, Jin gave up and let her go with him. He had mixed feelings. He was partially scared to see Ji Min and to get caught while escaping the school, but he was extremely happy since he was with his crush.

As soon as they arrived at the back of the school, he held her waist and instructed her on what to do. She did as told and he followed after her. He checked her to see if she was okay and she nodded.

After 20 minutes, they arrived at Dong-Eui Medical Hospital. They ask the nurse where Park Ji Min's room was located.

"4th floor, room number 487, sir." The lady said.

They both looked at each other and went straight to the elevator.

"4th floor please." Kae Il requested.

The elevator boy pressed "4", and then they arrived. The two exited and rushed to room number 487. Jin opened the door and saw Jungkook's mother.

Kae Il's POV

"Hi, auntie. Is Ji Min okay?" the boy I met earlier asked Ji Min's mother. Wat, is that Ji Min's mother? Maybe. I think Ji Min's father's genes are more dominant so he was a lot less likely to have picked up anything from. She's really beautiful, that's for sure; it's just that they don't look alike.

"He's okay now, dear. The doctor said that his head had slight hemorrhage but they cured it already. Thank God." Ji Min's mother said. I feel relieved. He's safe. Then, I found myself looking at her. She's looking at me. She looked back again at the guy I met earlier, I mean, Ji Min's friend asking him who I am. Oh gosh, I don't know his name yet, maybe I forgot. I'm a bad classmate.

"Uhm. Auntie, this is Park Kae Il, she's one of Ji Min's close friends in school." He said as he put his arm around my shoulder.

"Annyeonghaseyo, Ji Min's mother. Park Kae Il-imnida. Nice to meet you," I bowed and smiled at her. They both chuckled quietly. What happened? Did I do something stupid?

-end of chapter-