Emotion Switch

"Good morning doll." Ethan woke me up playing with my hair. I rolled over and gave him a sleepy smile with my eyes still closed.
"Good morning." I stretched and cuddled up to him. Laying my head on his chest.
"Sleep good?" He asked rubbing his hand up and down my arm.
"Mhm," I mumbled," but I'm starving, let's go eat." I said.
"Hey, you can't be in the sunlight we're still working on your necklace." He explained.
"How's a necklace going to help me walk in the day time?" I giggled.
"Magic." He blurted out with a serious tone.
"Oh, okay." I laughed at his joke.
"I'm serious." He stopped me from laughing and I lifted my head to look at him.
"No," I shook my head and looked down,"magic, really? So there are witches too?" I said still looking down.
"Yep." He said raising up.
"You know, you should really start telling me things sooner." I said smiling and looking at him.
"Noted." He leaned in to kiss me and I kissed him back. I crawled towards him until he was laying down again and straddled him. He ran his hands up my sides and flipped me over using his Vampire speed. He moved to my neck and soon I felt a piercing feeling. It took a moment before I realized he had bit my neck. He kept drawing blood and I threw my head back in pure bliss, loving every single second of it. His mouth left my neck and he went back to kissing me. I tugged at his shirt and he removed it. Soon after I was shirtless too. He kissed down my stomach until he got to the waist band of my laced underwear. He looked up at me and smirked before handing me my shirt.
"Not like this." He said putting his shirt on.
"What?" I said breathing heavily.
"We're not going to share our first time together like this. I'm going to make it special." He flashed a cheeky smile.
"Ethan! I'm a newborn vampire, all signs point to hot crazy vampire sex." I begged.
"Beggars can't be choosers love." He kissed my lips one last time before exiting the room.
"What the fuck?" I whispered to myself and threw my hands up. I heard Ethan laugh while walking down the stairs.
"Fuck you!" I yelled.
"You already tried!" He yelled back and I laughed throwing my self back on the bed.

~*~
I was writing in my journal because I haven't done it in a while, when I heard the door open.
"I got it!" Ethan yelled running into the living room.
"Wha-" I cut myself off when I saw him holding the necklace, "Finally! I'm starving." I laughed.
"Come here." Ethan motioned for me to come to him. I stood up and moved my hair to one side of my neck. He wrapped the necklace around me and hooked it together. I went to move my hair back but he beat me to it. I laughed and turned around placing my hands around his neck.
"Thanks baby." I smiled and gave him a kiss.
"Of course." He smiled after I kissed him.
(The picture of the necklace is at the top if you didn't know that already)
~*~
As we walked through the woods I had questions that needed to be answered and since we were alone I decided to ask them.
"So, you've fed off a human?" I asked.
"Yes." He replied.
"Have you killed a human?" I asked and this time it took a bit longer for him to reply.
"Yes." He said rather disappointed in himself.
"Oh. Why?" I asked another question and he took a deep breath before talking.
"So there's this thing called the Emotion Switch, and you can, well, turn it off. Like a light switch. Usually vampires do it when something tragic happens and they can't handle the feelings. The thing is, everything was heightened when you turned, now everything you touch, feel, hear, and smell are all ten times stronger than what they were when you were a human. So when something terrible happens to a vampire it hurts so much worse than what it would've being human. I flipped mine once because I thought Gray died, which is a story for another day, and I went off the deep end. It was bad. I left trails of bodies. I was a monster and even I didn't recognize myself. It took forever to put all the pieces of myself back together. It wasn't easy and I hope for your sake that it doesn't happen to you, trust me, I will do my damndest to make sure it doesn't. So yes Ember, I have killed humans before." I took in all the information I'd just heard and was scared. Not of him but of me. That I could turn into something, an even worse monster than what I already was.
"Okay." I took a deep breath and nodded my head.
"No more questions. Go get something to eat." He smiled and cupped my cheeks. With that, I sped off.
~*~
Ethan's POV
Ember was out with Starla because she hasn't seen her since school got out and I've been stuck here with the very upset Grayson.
"She needs to feed off of human blood!" He yelled.
"Yeah. Okay. Say she does, and the blood lust takes over. Then she kills someone, how long before she flips her switch. She won't be able to live with herself knowing that she's a murderer. Grayson, she wasn't even okay with the idea of feeding from a deer." I explained.
"She's a vampire. It happens to the best of us." He laughed narcissistically.
"She just needs to get herself under control so she doesn't hurt anyone. She doesn't want that and I'm going to respect her decisions." I shook my head and crossed my arms.
"Oh my God. Ethan, stop listening to her. We've been doing this for how many years? Yeah, a shit ton. Like I said, she's a vampire and vampires are meant to kill humans. It's part of the cycle. The sooner the both of you realize that, the better she'll be. She won't have to live her immortal life afraid of having fun and accepting who she is." He said walking out.