I don't like him. Do I?

I was almost home when I got another text.

Ethan: Well, I guess you should come over so we can get this shit finished.
He sent me another message with his address attached to it. I put it in my phone and started walking. Thankfully it was only a block or two away. I put in my headphones and started listening to Hold On by Chord Overstreet. I hummed to the music as I turned a corner to face Ethan.
"Um. I'm sorry." I said taking one earbud out and biting my bottom lip.
"We really gotta stop meeting like this." He joked. I just don't get it. One minute he's nice and the next he's a raging asshole.
"Yeah." I chuckled.
"I was going for a run. I didn't think you were so close but I guess we can head back. My house is just up here on the right." He said.
"Okay." I nodded.
"After you." He held his hands in front of him signaling me to go first.
"So, you like it here?" I asked.
"Yeah the people are pretty nice and the town is cool." He smiled.
"Yeah, I guess so." I smiled back.
"I love that song." He said. I furrowed my eyebrows, as the music wasn't that loud.
"Oh, I didn't know I had it up so loud." I laughed and brought my hand up to turn it down.
"Here we are." He said pointing to his house as he turned to walk into his driveway. I stared at the humongous house standing before me.
"Wow," I scoffed, "who would've thought rich pretty boy would be working at a burger joint." I laughed.
"Pretty boy?" He raised one eyebrow. I looked down in embarrassment because I didn't really mean to say that. I don't like him. Do I?
-
We sat in the backyard by a fire pit and worked on our assignment.
"Okay, so basically we have to partake in a debate in class about Romeo and Juliet, and how their deaths could've been prevented?" He asked.
"Yes sir," I nodded, "we should probably talk about the things that we could discuss." I said.
"Alright, well, lets start from the beginning," he paused and flipped through his book biting on the end of his pen, "okay so obviously Tybalt had an issue with the Montagues." He blurted after scanning the pages.
"Yeah and all the problems did start with Tybalt." I replied.
"Or maybe it started with Benvolio convincing Romeo to attend the Capulet party." He said again.
"Oh, well if the Capulets had sent someone that could read to invite everyone they wouldn't have been let in to begin with." I said.
"God, this could go on forever." He laughed and I laughed with him. I put my pen in my book to save my page and closed it.
"What are you doing?" He asked.
"Tell me something, Dolan." I suddenly got a wave of confidence.
"Yeah? He questioned and shifted in his seat to face me.
"Why'd you say that in the storage room the other day?" I asked.
"I was totally joking." He furrowed his eyebrows but I didn't believe him. I got up and walked to the kitchen. He quickly followed.
"What are you doing?" He asked as I walked over to the drawers looking for something.
"You need something, just ask." He laughed turning to walk away.
"Got it." I said and he turned back around.
"Holy shit, Ember. Why do you have that? Put it down." He practically yelled. I took the sharp end of the knife and cut into my hand. I hissed through my teeth as the blood streamed from my cut open hand.
"You need to leave." He said turning around.
"No." I stood my ground. I walked over to him and grabbed his shoulder to turn him around. He moved from my grip.
"Damnit Ember! Leave! I don't want to hurt you!" He snapped.
"No! Not until you tell me what's wrong with you," I yelled, "besides, I thought you wanted to kill me. I thought, that you wanted to drain every drop of my blood, Ethan?" I questioned with a more calm voice.
He turned around and I looked at his eyes.

What the hell?

Gah! I'm so sorry it's been so long since I've updated. I just have a lot of shit going on right now but I'm back and I have so many amazing ideas for this. I'm so excited you have no idea!!!! Until next time lovelies