Better You Die Than I

Ethan's POV

"Grayson, I don't know what to do." I said running my hands through my hair as I paced back and forth.

"There's nothing you can do. I mean hell, she ate my date last night." Grayson explained.

"She's killing people and she will never forgive herself for it. She doesn't even understand the consequences of her actions." I started to think about the way I was.

"Not necessarily, she definitely understands. She just doesn't care. That's the whole point of not having feelings, Ethan." Grayson smarted off and I gave him a look to let him know he needs to lose the attitude. He threw his hands up in surrender and left the room.

I can't take this. It's all my fault, I shouldn't have told her to flip it off. I sat down and began writing how I felt.

It hurts more than it makes me mad. I can't bare the thought of her never being herself again. She's such a wonderful person behind all this evil. I'm afraid of losing her, what if she leaves, or what if she breaks up with me because she doesn't care. I love her and I'll be damned if I lose her.

"What's up, handsome?" I heard a familiar voice.

"Well this can't be good." I turned to face Ember.

"Uh, rude." She rolled her eyes.

"Hmmm." I shook my head and turned my attention back to my journal.

"I'm hungry." She pouted.

"And you're telling me this why? Just go feed." I furrowed my eyebrows and continued to write.

"Not that kind of hungry." I heard her say and next thing I knew I was under her, and on the bed. I'm not going to lie, I definitely think about the sexy time with her but not while she's like this.

"I vote no." I tried to fight my way from her grip but it didn't work. Her teeth came out and she looked at me with evil.

"Fine but at least let me eat a little." She attacked my neck and sucked more blood from me than she needed to. I pushed her off of me and the bite healed.

"Enough!" I yelled.

"Did I hurt you doll?" She asked, sounding as if she cared.

"Ember, this isn't you and you know it. How many innocent people are you going to kill before enough is enough?" I asked.

"How ever many get in my way." She crossed her arms.

"No, you can't do this anymore. You risk exposing vampires every time you go out there. Eventually they will find us and kill us." I explained.

"Oh well, I can just pack up and leave with no problems." She laughed.

"So you would just leave, not caring who lived or died that you cared about?" I shook my head.

"Ethan, I don't care about anyone! Not even you, even if you were my first love and besides......better you die than I." She made her statement and walked away.

This is just a filler chapter so I can get started on the next chapter.

-xoxo, Kaitlin