Jasper--- Letting Go❤

It was legitimately the end of the world.

No one was okay, obviously.
Everyone was worried if they and their loved ones had made it on the list for the bunker.

Kane had assured both you and Jasper a spot together to matter what so you weren't worried about that.

Only about him.

Jasper was funny, compassionate, and the life of the party but something in him, something broken, just didn't feel like living down in a hole was really truly living. Which could be debated but he was right.

It wasn't. It was no way to live but at least you would live.

He would always retort with a
"But there's no alcohol!" Jokingly, of course.

To which you would say,
"You'd find a way to make some." With a smile.

That was before, though.
Before it all happened so fast.

One minute you were happy and enjoying time with your best friend and then now you're satin a final goodbye.

And suddenly you agreed with him.
Suddenly life in that hole meant nothing if he wasn't with you.

But Monty tried. Monty tried so hard to get your friend to go with you.
Jasper wouldn't budge.

"(Y/n)..." Bellamy spoke sadly. "It's now or never."

You nodded your head and turned to look at Jasper from where he stood behind the window. Locked away.

"There's still time, J." You said, stepping up to him.

"Not for me." He said and you stared at him with sad eyes.

"I don't want this to be goodbye." You croaked slightly and he looked down and raised his hand up a little, pressing a button.

The door slid open and he looked up to you.

Your bottom lip quivered, fighting bad tears that would come no matter what.

You lurched forward, and wrapped your arms tightly around his neck, as a tear slid down your face as you snuggled into his chest and neck.

"I'll miss you, Jasper." You whispered to him and he cleared his throat when you let go.

Wiping his own face of tears before raising his hand up.

"One more time?" He smiled and you grinned back sadly before raising you own up.

You both slapped your hands at the same time and he smiled brightly, pleased.

"May we meet again." You smiled and hugged him quickly once more before he shut the door again.

"We will." He said even though you knew he never believed in any of the 'meeting again' thing.

You turned away back to Bellamy and walked away with him to the Rover.

Now you stand in space, on the Ark, staring down at the Earth on which your friend died.

You press your hand to the glass and smile.