Echo --- Drill Bit💙

Warning: kinda angsty and dark.

The taste of harsh copper invades your mouth and you slowly begin to wake up.
Blue soft light shines around you, there's a thick smell of blood in the air along with a few soft cries.

"H-hello?" You try to grasp any memory of yesterday but its taking a while and you feel dizzy.

Everything's blurred and upside down and you close your eyes again, trying to fall back asleep.

A piercing scream alerts you and your eyes widen and your heart beats faster and the warmth of something drips along your forehead from your nose.
Blood.

You start to feel a strange pricking pain in your veins and you feel faint.

"You're making a difference. You're saving lives. Remember that." A voice you don't recognize speaks calmly and spikes a strange jolt of anger inside of your chest.

You try to look around but it still remains a blurred mix of colors.

"She's going out again. If she does this one more time she'll die and that'll make it ten times harder to get good bone marrow." A mans voice penetrates your ears and you frown from the loudness, a throbbing headache blossoming.

The other person remains silent.

"Plus, bone marrow is far more effective. We can actually live out there with it. Screw the blood." He says again with more firmness and anger.

Suddenly the pricking pain is taken away as hands grab the needles from your arms and legs and you're suddenly swung on the ground and your hands are quickly tied, as if they're afraid if you aren't shackled or strung upside down. Your head pounds from the suddenness of being flipped.

You nearly fall over until arms push you into a cage and you're shoved against the cool bars. Feeling claustrophobic.

"Help..." Is all you can try to say.

"Oh honey, we are." The woman laughs and you hear a door slam shortly after.

"(Y/n), come on, wake up. Wake up." Thin fingers touch your cheeks and you open your eyes, the blurryness slowly defusing from your eyes and you can make out a skinny woman in another cage next to yours.

"(Y/n)..." She cries.

She's upset.
What had those people done to you that was so wrong?

"Yeah?" You slowly speak and there's a smile in her voice.

"(Y/n)." She says gladly.

"Echo? Anya? Lexa?" You name all of the people who you know who could possibly fit that voice.

"Its Echo. You're gonna be okay, okay?" She assures.

"Oh, yeah... Where's Heda? Is she safe? We have to protect her from those mountain men... Come on, before they get her!" You start coming to, but crash your head into the side of your cage.

"Ow." You say and Echo chuckles slightly, with a sadness in her voice.

"We're gonna be okay. Lexa is okay. Stop worrying. Roan is okay, too. Its alright." She reassures you and you nod.

"What did they do to me?" You wonder.

"They're taking your blood and soon bone marrow to cure themselves from the radiation." She spits with anger and frustration in her voice.

"But we're gonna be okay, okay?" She adds softly.

"Yeah. Right." You frown, realizing the empty faces which surround you.

"Anya?" You stare across into another cage which holds Lexa's mentor but she doesn't answer.

She raises a finger to her lips and just as she does so, the door creaks open again.

"Bone marrow transplants begin today, all. I'm sorry this has to happen but we've lived here for far too long. We deserve what you have." Doctor Tsing says, walking around with a clip board.

"So you take it away from us? Seems fair." Another girl snorts.

"Yes. It is fair. Now, I need the weakest and the strongest for the first test subjects." She says and you sigh, leaning against the bars as your eyes slowly shut from drowsiness.

Cages start clanking and rattling as she passes but you remain silent,

"You." Tsing points toward a rattling cage and two men in beige uniforms unlock it and shackle and shock the struggling man.

"Annnnddd," she drags out, looking along your row.

"You." She says and then four arms wrap around you and you reject the scream which bubbles up in your throat.

"(Y/n)!" Echo rattles against her cell and cries for her friend.

They shock her but that doesn't stop her, she's strong.

"(Y/n)! No! You're gonna be- okay!" She says between sobs from the pain of the shocks and a broken heart.

You watch as she struggles for you and they replace you with a boy with shaggy dark hair in your place. Skaikru?

The door closes behind you as they haul you into another room. The air is cooler and you're greeted by Tsing pulling on rubber gloves and grabbing tools.

They tie you to a steel bed and strap your wrists and ankles tightly and place a belt inbetween your teeth.

Tears blur your vision, and the pain of a million bullet wounds course through your knee as a drill goes off.

You scream and scream but it starts to become muffled and slowed and your vision blackens.

You hear a voice in the back of your head before you go.

Your fight is over.