Echo--- Now Survive💓

You find Echo standing alone before the grave mark for Roan.

She wears a frown and tears fall from her face to the dirt.

You slowly and carefully approach her. Coming up by her side.

You fold your hands together in front of yourself. Sucking in a shaky breath.

"We don't have long." You whisper as tears sting your own eyes.

"We're strong... But not strong enough." Echo saddens.

"We couldn't have saved him, Echo. We tried. That's why we were banished " You remind her, and turn your head to her, a slight anger ghosting in your heart that she'd blame herself and you.

"We could've tried harder." She stiffens with anger.

"We were following his orders. He died the death he deserved. A warriors death. Wouldn't you want that? The victory of a warriors death is great to our clan. You know this." You frown, furrowing your brows.

"We're not warriors!" She snaps and a tear trickles down her cheek.

You, shocked, step back.

"I'm sorry... It's just..." She trails off and you sigh.

"You loved him, Echo. I loved him too. He was everything in a king you'd want." You frown and stare down to the rock engraved with his name and kill marks.

"Not to me... I tried to change him... Tried to tell him what his mother would do... He wasn't his mother. And now I realize how that was good." She sniffles.

"This isn't your fault."

"Isn't it?" She looks to you.

"I told you to cheat with me. I told him to kill Wanheda. What part isn't my fault, (Y/n)." She stares deeply into your eyes for an answer.

After a moment passes she turns away.

"You're right." You speak up and she looks back.

"But his death, isn't on you. You didn't make Floukru join. You didn't make her kill him. That was her." as you say this a bite of pain rushes over you.

You suck in a breath.

"(Y/n)... The radiation." Worry traces in her voice and she touches your forehead.

"You're burning up... Look, I'll tell them it was my fault, and to lift the banishment upon you and you can-"

"No." You interrupt her and she takes her hands back, confusion striking her features.

"They wouldn't. You know that and..." You gently take her hand in yours.

"I'm not leaving your side." You say with a smile.

She softens.

"We'll figure this out." You add and you both silently look back down to the rock and a rush of air passes overhead.