Murphy--- Come With Me💙

"There's only a little while till they send people to that hole in the ground. Wanna head out?" John asks you with a smile, his hands in his pants pockets.

"I'll just need to grab something, and say goodbye to Harper." You nod to him and he shrugs his shoulders.

"They're crazy for that. They're all gonna die." He chuckles.

"Maybe they have a good idea." You shrug and turn.

"You think their suicide is a good option? Okay then." He laughs again. "I'll see you outside." He adds and gives you a kiss to the air and blows it your way goofily.

You frown when you turn away again and start walking down the hall.

"You made it." Harper greets you from inside the locked door.

"We thought you might've bailed and went with that douchb-" Jasper cuts himself short when you glare at him.

"No. No. I'm still on board. I don't think surviving in a dark hole for years until the radiation subsides is better than just letting go with the radiation with my friends." You smile and Jasper opens the door for you with a smile.

"Glad to see you on the right side." He says and Harper engulfs you in her arms.

"I'm scared about Monty." She whispers. "He won't join us and he'll think I'm selfish for this and-" you hush her as Jasper closes the door and locks it tight.

"Its gonna be okay. I feel the same way about Murph's, he'll be so afraid for me and I'll feel selfish. But, we respect their choices so they can respect ours."

"Remember guys, when they come, no one leaves. Not even to say goodbye. We only speak through the glass. We're not taking any chances. This is your last opportunity to change your mind." Jasper shouts and four people scuttle out to find their loved ones and Jasper makes the last call again and secures the door.

"There. We're good." He smiles in your direction.

"I'm glad I'm doing this with you. You've been my best friend through everything." You hug Harper again.

"You've been mine too." She let's go. "I guess there will be a saying after this: best friends who live together, die together." She smiles with a short laugh when you shake your head.
"Don't say that too loud." You tick your head to the side where Jasper frowns, staring down into a cup.

Harper sighs and goes to comfort him.

"Hey, we leave in five. Where's your girl?" Bellamy asks John.

"Bathroom break." He shrugs. "Where's yours?" He winks to Clarke who barks orders to people to hurry.
Bellamy smiles and lightly punches him.

"Better hurry. She's getting restless." Bellamy says, referring to Clarke.

"I'll try to find her." Murphy nods to him and turns back inside.

"(Y/n)?" He calls gently over and over around the halls.

"I think someone's calling you?" Harper says, just as Murphy rounds the corner.

"(Y/n)? What the hell are you doing in there?" He demands angrily, pressing his palms against the glass.

"I'm not going." You shake your head and walk toward him.

"Yeah, I get that now but why? How stupid are you?!" He frowns and you furrow your brows. This isn't how you'd imagined it'd go...
Its what you expected.

"Its my choice." You shrug. "You don't decide for me. I decide for myself. Sure, I sound selfish, we all do. But I can't live in a hole for years, Murphs, I wanna live life. That's who I am. And if I can't do that anymore, what's the point?" You shrug again.

"I love you, (Y/n). I've never loved anything or anyone as much as I love you." There's a crack in his voice and tears in his eyes.

"I can't lose you. You're what keeps me going." He shutters.

You smile and press a hand to his on the other side of the glass.
"Then my memory can keep you going too."

"I need you." He cries.

It hurts you truly to see him this way because you feel the same way on the inside, but you still smile on the outside. Not shedding a tear.

"And you will have me. Forever and always. You know that." You take your hand back.

"You've gone away for weeks, months, when ALIE was here." You say.

"And I nearly put a bullet in my brain if it wasn't for the thought that you were still alive, I could never leave you (y/n). I couldn't pull the trigger because I knew you were here waiting for me. I couldn't die. Even though I wanted to. I had to see your face again. To feel you. I need you." He sobs out and you inhale sharply.

"I am going to die today, John. However, I am not leaving you. You didn't pull the trigger because you felt me with you. And you will again. And again. Until you meet someone new who can fill you with happiness. Then you'll forget, and live an amazing life like you were set out to do. You're a survivor, I am not." You smile.

"The fact is, you could be." He stands from his huddled position where he cried.

"I love you, and I'm not shedding a tear because I know this is right. My heart may be broken on the inside, but I don't cry. You've given me your strength, John. I'll see you again in another life. I promise you that." You say and he sniffles and turns,

"And John," you add.

"Promise me you won't come back looking for my body after the radiation subsides. Save your eyes and mind of the terror." You smile and he nods a small nod before turning and walking away with a slumped back.

On the way out he kicks anything in his vision, he exhales shaky breaths, and the only thing on his mind is how he wished he'd hugged you before you left, he needed that more than anyone could ever imagine, when he sat in the dark, silently crying, when they closed the hatch. And you. Weren't. There.