Becho--- Trust Me💙

Echo stands quietly for once behind Bellamy and Kane who sit on their knees, wrists chained together.

A strange sort of regret still floods through Echo's mind. She didn't want to kill Octavia. She didn't want Bellamy to feel that pain. But, now that she's alive... What will happen to her? Will they let her go free with her crime, or will they kill her?

An Asian man appears in the distance and she steps forward.

"I come here in peace. Look, no weapon. I just want to let you know that we have a gunman loose, he wants to kill your king." He says as he gets shoved onto his knees.

"Why are you telling me this?" Echo wonders, distrustingly.

"Because I don't want a war." He says blatantly.

"Riley... I can find him. Persuade him. Let me come with you." Bellamy speaks up after whispering to the boy.

Echo thinks for a dull moment and agrees.

"Unchain his legs... But put the boy in his place. If I'm not back when the sun reaches those trees.... Kill the prisoners." She orders and Bellamy offers his chained wrists, as if waiting for her to take them off. Not yet, she says to herself and pushes his shoulder so that he starts walking.

"What about trying to trust each other?" He scoffs and she smiles slightly.

As they near the forest, they're quiet.

But once they enter, they talk.

"You know, if you had killed Octavia, these chains would be around your neck." He announces and she stills.

"War makes murderers of us all." She frowns as they continue on their way.

"Riley!" He shouts as they find him aiming his rifle to the head of her king. She immediately draws her bow but gives Bellamy a few minutes to try to persuade him.

"...Riley, I get it. I was in the same spot you were in. I took it too far... I let war make a murderer out of me... Don't let war make a murderer out of you. You'll regret it." He meets Echo's eyes as he tells Riley what she had told him.

But he doesn't pull his weapon down.

Echo grabs an arrow, ready to kill him.

"Echo, don't. If you kill him he'll shoot." Bellamy stands in front of her arrow.

"Bellamy, move or I'll kill you too." She threatens, not meaning it as she circles around them to get a different angle where he isn't blocking her shot.

"Listen, Riley,..." He continues on and just before Echo is about to end it, he pushes his rifle down and cries.

Echo places her arrow back and nods to Bellamy who sighs in relief.

"Let's go." He tugs on the back of Riley's jacket and Echo wrenches the rifle away from him and holds it lopsided, unsure how to use it.

Bellamy smiles at this and Echo feels like a fool for the first time as they continue through the forest before the sun hits the trees so Monty will live.

"What's wrong?" Clarke wonders as they approach where Bellamy, Echo, and Riley all stand.

Bellamy looks to Echo and she to him, knowing,
"Nothing." She answers, making sure the king won't sentence Riley to death which would have happened if she spilled anything.

Trust.

Once Clarke and the king nod and continue on toward the crowd of Azgedians and Sky People, Bell and Echo drag behind.

"Hey," Bellamy starts, slightly awkwardly. "Thanks... For not telling on Riley."

"Yeah..." She kicks a stone forward, "I'll try to give trust a shot."

Bellamy smiles at this but immediately frowns when they hear a blast and large clouds of smoke bloom in the distance.

"Arkadia..." Echo frowns.

"Octavia." Bellamy starts running toward the blast, fearing he'd never see his dear sister again. And Echo follows.

"Take my horse!" She calls to him and he quickly climbs up onto her stead.

"Trust." She grabs his arm and gives the horse a hit and it races off with Bellamy on it, making sure he'd get there faster. Leaving Echo standing in the dust, trying to believe she's doing the right thing.

Trusting her heart.

This was requested anon through PM, just a note that I'd prefer it if you'd request in the comments because its easier for me! Thanks!