Chapter XI

Ignis leant against the wall and drew random figures in the dirt. She had been imprisoned for a while, although no natural light entered the cells, just a flickering lightbulb lightened the room. Unknown to what day it was, Ignis continuingly glanced at Acrnoix to see if he was awake so they could plan an escape. Although he didn't wake up. Ira had come down a few times to give Ignis a meal, and left a plate for Acrnoix and didn't replace it as he never regained consciousness. Ignis began to grow worried. She hadn't her powers any more, but she attempted to pick the lock.
Though unsuccessful, she began to try to find other ways to escape.

———

"He took the time blade!" Jay exclaimed.
"No, Ira got there first." Rosalie confirmed.
"Well now Ira has all the power she needs. She doesn't need Ignis, so where would she keep her?" Cole questioned.
They all looked at Sensei.
"She did have an old base from before." Sensei said. Zane went to him to get the coordinates while the rest got ready.
Rosalie quickly charge up her Laser Blade. She spotted a something on her hand. She put it closer and scanned it. It seemed to be a thin flake...she picked it off. It got deeper. A hole seemed to have burned into Rosalie's metal layer. Rosalie stared at it for a while till Lloyd's voice came saying they were heading out. Rosalie shook her head and ran out.

———
"These are the coordinates of Ira's old base." Zane said, as they approached an underground part in the sewers. The place was made of metal and was gloomy. The ninja creeped in and inspected the place. No one was to be seen.
"No life." muttered Rosalie as she scanned the area.
They split up into two groups and wandered around the seemingly empty place.

Meanwhile Ignis, had managed to dig a hole under the metal door and crawl underneath through to the other side. She quickly stood up and looked through the bars of Acronix's cell.
"Acrnoix." she whispered. He was leant up against the wall, with his eyes closed. She put her hand to his shoulder and shook it. "Wake up." she muttered desperately. He didn't move.
"wake up!" she said, a little louder. A spark ran through her arm and zapped him. His eyes snapped open.
"Ignis?" He asked.
"Yes, it's me!" Ignis sighed in relief.
"What happened?" Acronix asked.
"Ira got the timeblade and has no use for me anymore. I don't know where she is at the moment though. Can you get this door open?" Ignis asked.
"But don't you have your elements to help?" Acronix asked.
"Well....Ira was meant to have taken it all." Ignis muttered. "But..."
She put her hand on the metal bars. The heat of fire escaped her palms and melted the metal. It bent and Acronix was able to escape.

———

Kai opened a door. He saw human figures and reflexes snapped on. He kicked the figures and fell over. Lloyd, who was also in the room watched the door carefully. To his surprise it was Ignis and Acrnoix.
"We were looking for you!" Lloyd said, delighted. The rest of the ninja were called and met in a room.
"So you haven't bumped into Ira yet? She is here." Ignis said, fearfully.
"Well, if she has the timeblade Power, she is basically invincible." sighed Jay.
"Well, didn't Sensei Wu say that she was based on energy
and power? What happens if the power escapes? Isn't she then destroyed?" Lloyd recalled.
An echoey voice responded. "Yes you are correct, Garmadon." The ninja slowly turned around. "But what are you going to do? Kill the source? Kill Ignis?" Ira smiled wide as she charged her hands with sparking electricity.