After Keith was out of sight, you danced in a circle and pulled out your phone to text lance.

You -> "Guess who's hanging out alone with Keith after school!"

His reply was instant.

My Lancelot -> "Ben Franklin?"

You -> "Nooooooo"

My Lancelot -> "Beyoncé!?"

You -> "No! Me silly!"

His reply was slower this time.

My Lancelot -> "Oh... I thought it was someone cool like Beyoncé. NEVERMIND."

You laughed and was about to write back when the second bell rang, making you panic.

You had gym and your teacher would not be happy if you were late.

~ ~ ~

Right at three o'clock Keith was standing at the edge of the parking lot, waiting for you.

"Hey!" You greeted.

"Hi, ready to go?"

You nodded and followed him off the school grounds and towards the main part of town.

"Where are we going first?"

"Bookstore." Keith answered. "Since Lance isn't with us, we're going to the places he avoided like the plague while we hung out."

You nodded. "Oh."

The bookstore wasn't really what you had in mind for this afternoon. You had your heart set more on arcade games, movies and fooling around in Target, but then again those were all things Lance usually enjoyed, not Keith.

The two of you walked through the doors and the woody smell of old books hit your nose.

Keith seemed like he knew exactly where he was going, walking straight to the back corner where the oldest books were.

"You can go look around you know." He said.

"No." You hummed. "I'm okay just sticking with you."

Keith shrugged. "Suit yourself."

Your phone vibrated in your pocket and you pulled it out to see a text from Lance.

My Lancelot -> "How're things?"

You -> "Good I guess. . . we're at a bookstore O.o"

My Lancelot -> "How romantic...?"

You glanced up for a second and a girl in the next aisle caught your eye. Her hair was light and reached the centre of her back, big blue eyes framed by thick wire glasses scanning over the cover of a book.

"Keith, do you think she's pretty?"

He looked up for a second before shrugging. "I guess, but I'm more into dark and short hair."

His attention went back to the book in his hand and you instantly went to message Lance.

You -> "Keith told me he likes girls with short dark hair. . . Wanna come to the salon with me tomorrow :)"