Chapter 1

I wake up to the sound of my alarm. 
Beep,
Beep,
Beep,
Beep. 
Until I finally turn it off. 

I get up to brush my teeth and do my hair in its regular ponytail. I typically don't bother doing makeup, because it'll get messed up at practice anyway. 
I have gymnastics practice in just an hour. I look in my closet and choose the first leo I see, my black one with the pink design with rhinestones on the front. I go downstairs, grab an apple and some yogurt, a glass of milk, and sit down to eat. 

I eat my breakfast in silence, just thinking about how practice is going to be. Wondering how things were going to go today. I needed to work on building my confidence, so I tried telling myself positive things, but eventually I was feeling a bit more confident and, anyways, my mom was coming down the steps to take me to practice. 

I don’t go to regular school. At least, I haven’t for a very long time. I am in a very intense gymnastics program, that happened to be right during the middle of the day. I start at 9:00 in the morning and go to 12:00, then we get an hour for lunch, and then we start up again, from 1:00 to 4:00. That’s 6 hours a day, from Monday – Friday. Some people call me crazy, but I call it dedicated.

I get to the gym about 15 minutes early. I go over to my locker to grab my grips and put my lunch away. I decided to warm up with my t-shirt and leggings over my leo. It can get a little chilly in the morning.

Eventually, 9:00 rolls around and it’s time to go out onto the floor. At first we run around the huge floor in a single file line. It might sound weird, but I liked watching us do this part of the warm-up. I felt like we were one whole unit. One whole team. We are all in unison, and there’s a kind of rhythm to it. After running, we all stand in equal lines. We have a memorized warm-up, and we just focus on stretching our muscles. After this, we just do kicks, handstand walks, and some very basic tumbling. After that, it’s time to get into the events. Now practice can really begin.